Home

Imagining NFL 2K22 Arcade with all of this personality and unique characteristics.

This is a discussion on Imagining NFL 2K22 Arcade with all of this personality and unique characteristics. within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2022, 06:06 PM   #9
Rookie

ElectricAggie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Imagining NFL 2K22 Arcade with all of this personality and unique characteristics

An NFL game with exaggerated player models and animations while still playing like 11 on 11 football could be an awesome formula for a football title. It would basically be the football version of Super Mega Baseball. It would have simulation-like gameplay (no powerups or anything like that), but all of the visuals would suggest an arcade-style game. Hopefully something like that would be enough to skirt around the "non-simulation" restrictions.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Houston Rockets

Old 02-14-2022, 08:20 PM   #10
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Imagining NFL 2K22 Arcade with all of this personality and unique characteristics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie
An NFL game with exaggerated player models and animations while still playing like 11 on 11 football could be an awesome formula for a football title. It would basically be the football version of Super Mega Baseball. It would have simulation-like gameplay (no powerups or anything like that), but all of the visuals would suggest an arcade-style game. Hopefully something like that would be enough to skirt around the "non-simulation" restrictions.

This is the happy medium that hopefully happens, but we'll need to still see if they had that forethought in mind.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 02-16-2022, 07:48 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricAggie

This may be the way. Probably have to alter some different rules as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2022, 11:50 PM   #12
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbmolina
Damn this would be so much damn fun controlling these players with all of the signature animations of each NFL player being individually unique. Could this actually be a preview of NFL 2K?

I didn't pay too much attention to commercials since they weren't that good so I missed this one. So yeah watching this almost seemed like it was a commercial for a new NFL video game and looked like it would be a fun game mixing in current players and HOF/Legend players. If this was the new 2K game, I'd buy it but if it came with MyGM/MyNFL/Franchise Mode, instant pre-order.
Old 03-02-2022, 01:33 AM   #13
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

The commercial actually looked very similar to NBA Playgrounds:

https://youtu.be/C3qYh5MjqbU

And that game was released 3 years ago on last gen systems.

Perhaps the NFL used characters from the new NFL2K game but didn't want to attach 2K to it because TT wasn't ready to officially announce the game yet? Rumor is they wanted to release in Winter 2021 but the NFL wanted another date. If that's the case then the graphical side of the game is likely finished and the rest of the time is being used to add a few new features and QC (?). It wouldn't be a big ask out of 2K.

Either way, I think it's increasingly likely we get a souped up Playgrounds type game. I would be completely down for that with the hope:

- It's 11 on 11. This is #1 for me.
- They retain many of the same gameplay mechanics and animation style from APF and previous NFL2K games.
- There's customization features ala MyTeam and MyCareer in NBA2K games
- *Bonus* There is a simple yet over the top Franchise mode.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Old 03-17-2023, 05:29 PM   #14
Rookie

Thanks for your thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »