Home

This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone!

This is a discussion on This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bone! within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2022, 08:37 PM   #81
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

I stand corrected
they not making another wwe battlegrounds and now i
can understand 2k taking this time with this arcade football game

Like I said before those wacky arcade games is a thing of the past (old generation)is not in high demand From the younger audience like we think🤷

https://www.wrestlezone.com/news/131...grounds-future
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2022, 10:33 AM   #82
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: This NFL 2K forum has been opened for 2 years and 2K has not even thrown us a bon

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
If the rumors are true about the NFL want 2k to cater to the younger audience
Myplayer would be the best Way to go because they already had NBA Playgrounds/WWE battlegrounds and obviously didnt sell (the younger audience wasn't buying)well no sequels and now i believe they coming out in 2024 because College makes thier debut next year and we all know no other football game gonna touch it even Madden with all the big hype around college wether its good or not

NCAA 14 sold just over 1 million copies. Madden sells 5-5.5 million in a down year and sold over 8 million a year in the ps2 glory days. If EA didn’t share development costs between the games they wouldn’t bother with NCAA.

That said, 2k definitely would’ve been better off if the game had been ready this year. Madden 23 opened to really bad/meh reviews and there’s no college game in the market at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-30-2022, 11:13 AM   #83
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
NCAA 14 sold just over 1 million copies. Madden sells 5-5.5 million in a down year and sold over 8 million a year in the ps2 glory days. If EA didn’t share development costs between the games they wouldn’t bother with NCAA.

That said, 2k definitely would’ve been better off if the game had been ready this year. Madden 23 opened to really bad/meh reviews and there’s no college game in the market at all.

I agree. Especially since the new CFB is likely going to sell well the first few years. I can definitely see a scenario where CFB outsells whatever 2k releases. I can see 3-5 million copies for CFB the first couple years, then it cool down to 2-3 million. This would have been a good year to release if it was ready.
Old 08-30-2022, 01:48 PM   #84
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I agree. Especially since the new CFB is likely going to sell well the first few years. I can definitely see a scenario where CFB outsells whatever 2k releases. I can see 3-5 million copies for CFB the first couple years, then it cool down to 2-3 million. This would have been a good year to release if it was ready.

It can’t be a good thing for 2k to have to compete with 2 football titles a year but I think the college game will mostly siphon sales from madden more so than 2ks title.

The thing about 2k’s game is whatever it is, it’s truly a new game, built from the ground up. It’ll take better advantage of new technology while madden will be for the foreseeable future a tried and true albeit stale formula based off a core designed in 2005 and the college game will just be a sort of spin off of that with the same basic gameplay. I think bringing something new and fresh to the football market will help 2k sales a lot.

When all the games are on the market I can see madden sales dropping a bit but they will still easily be top dog. 2ks game will be a solid 2nd and NCAA will be a distant but profitable 3rd

Old 09-02-2022, 11:16 PM   #85
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
It can’t be a good thing for 2k to have to compete with 2 football titles a year but I think the college game will mostly siphon sales from madden more so than 2ks title.

The thing about 2k’s game is whatever it is, it’s truly a new game, built from the ground up. It’ll take better advantage of new technology while madden will be for the foreseeable future a tried and true albeit stale formula based off a core designed in 2005 and the college game will just be a sort of spin off of that with the same basic gameplay. I think bringing something new and fresh to the football market will help 2k sales a lot.

When all the games are on the market I can see madden sales dropping a bit but they will still easily be top dog. 2ks game will be a solid 2nd and NCAA will be a distant but profitable 3rd

Depends how well they handle the marketing. Madden is Madden but I think 2K will try to market it like they do NBA 2K with celebrities and rappers and a good MyCareer mode and it may overtake Madden if they put out a ****ty game again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2022, 04:54 PM   #86
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

We all wondering when the reveal
But what's very interesting to me is the release date
Because college is in July and Madden in August
NBA 2k in September

College alone got people thirsty for it (myself included)

So my new big question is how 2k gonna fit between July&August& September 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Old 10-14-2022, 09:19 PM   #87
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

2k might need to relese this football game by mid june to get a jump on their
ea college and madden
Old 10-19-2022, 06:25 PM   #88
MVP

zello144's Arena

OVR: 0

Ronnie 2K went on the Rich Eisen show but I don’t think they talked about NFL 2K.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »