Home

Enough Conspiracy Theories, Let's Talk Legit Expectations

This is a discussion on Enough Conspiracy Theories, Let's Talk Legit Expectations within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-17-2022, 01:10 PM   #17
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Enough Conspiracy Theories, Let's Talk Legit Expectations

My realistic expectation is that we will get an NFL Street-like game.

I hope one day is we can get an 11 humans vs 11 humans with created players (and also real. I loved NBA Live 2010 and playing 5v5 with real teams.) What a **** show the offensive line would be.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 05-17-2022, 06:32 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Truth be told, My expectations is for this game to be phenomenal gameplay and graphics wise. IMO this is their last chance to continue some sort of 2k franchise. If this is mediocre I'm afraid 2k football will be done. I really know I'm set up for disappointment and I don't have a video of the commercial but I really want the graphics to be like that superbowl commercial that had animated legends. I really thought when that commercial came on that it was the new 2k game. Whatever comes out I will give it a shot.
Old 05-18-2022, 01:44 AM   #19
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

I see it being a similar setup and approach to eFootball (PES).
Old 05-18-2022, 02:32 AM   #20
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I see it being a similar setup and approach to eFootball (PES).
But that's a sim type game, isn't it?
Old 05-18-2022, 02:45 PM   #21
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

I re-read this Article and it said NCAA College Football is a simulation but it also says it wont have real players names and Likeness

https://www.theverge.com/ 2021/2/2/22262471/ea-sports-college-football-video-game-ncaa-players

So if College Football with real uniforms, stadiums, except real players is considered simulation

Yes I know 2k got the NFL License for Arcade purposes

But it makes you wonder if only the NFL Branding is considered simulation and none Branding with NFLPA (real NFL players) is considered Arcade 🤔

Like you can't simulate the NFL with the NFLPA/NFL License together but if 2k decided to make their own type of NFLPA game using their license as long as it dont simulation the NFL

Madden 64 couldn't even stimulate the teams cities
Like New England would be called Foxboro instead

Maybe im reaching but this is a site of discussion 🤷
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-18-2022, 03:10 PM   #22
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbayless
I re-read this Article and it said NCAA College Football is a simulation but it also says it wont have real players names and Likeness

https://www.theverge.com/ 2021/2/2/22262471/ea-sports-college-football-video-game-ncaa-players

So if College Football with real uniforms, stadiums, except real players is considered simulation

Yes I know 2k got the NFL License for Arcade purposes

But it makes you wonder if only the NFL Branding is considered simulation and none Branding with NFLPA (real NFL players) is considered Arcade

Like you can't simulate the NFL with the NFLPA/NFL License together but if 2k decided to make their own type of NFLPA game using their license as long as it dont simulation the NFL

Madden 64 couldn't even stimulate the teams cities
Like New England would be called Foxboro instead

Maybe im reaching but this is a site of discussion
That article might be before all the NIL stuff - which is still being sorted out - had really come into play.

With the NIL now existing that means EA can conceivably acquire most, if not all, player likeness rights.

The deal Take - Two struck with the NFL - not NFLPA, that was a separate agreement - states that they can only make "non - simulation" titles.

There is a very, very, very.......I mean very small chance (if no chance at all) that Take - Two/2K could create a "spiritual successor" to All - Pro Football 2K using only the NFLPA license.

Still, the likelihood of that is slim to none since they probably don't want to "piss off" their new NFL partners.

Remember, Sega allegedly angering the NFL by going with a $20 price point back in '04 is what led us down this road.

Official HQ of Bills Backer/Spurs Nation

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 05-18-2022 at 03:12 PM.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:22 AM   #23
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

My question is would an apf2kx be allowed simce it’s filled with guys not playing so the managerial simulation side isn’t worried about?
Old 05-19-2022, 08:12 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 19

I think what 2k decides to do will be based on what their ROI predictions are based on.

If it's all about profit, the logical first step would be to release an arcade-style NFL game.

This arcade-style game could be used as the fundamental platform for a future sim-style game. If the arcade game does well while EA's contract with the NFL comes to a close, the NFL will undoubtedly do away with exclusivity. To maintain exclusivity EA will probably have to offer the NFL an irresistible amount of cash. Which I doubt EA will do the next go-round.

The second point is, The NFL may finally see the benefit of having 2 sim games on the market. This will happen because of changing company culture and new/younger executives in key positions. It's bound to happen.

Last edited by tril; 05-19-2022 at 08:14 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »