Home

Badges📛

This is a discussion on Badges📛 within the NFL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2022, 10:54 AM   #1
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2
Badges📛

Although we dont know what type game 2k is making

Lets have some Hypothetical fun if 2k decided to put badges 2k should add _____ fill in the blank

Shake N bake badge-runners can move and cut like Barry sanders

Prime-time returner- increases the chances of big return kick offs like Deion Sanders

Glue hands👋- wr can catch the ball anywhere

Missle Laser - QB can throw the ball super deep with accuracy

Blow the the House down- Defensive Line and LB can blow up the spot get to the QB faster

You cant come in my house ✋🛑- Offensive tackles stone wall 🧱 the Defense from coming into sack the QB
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2022, 05:25 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Badges📛

For me, I wouldn't mind bringing back the Abilities that were in APF2K8 and having them implemented the same. I feel that was one of the best implemented badge/abilities system. Yes, the ratings were "under the hood " that could be edited in the Editor. But, the way how abilities were implemented in 2k8 felt right. It didn't feel overpowered or a big boost. It felt like skills that either a player had or didn't.

Last edited by illwill10; 06-12-2022 at 05:15 PM.
Old 06-13-2022, 02:52 PM   #3
Rookie

PaleVermilion's Arena

OVR: 3

Spoiler
Old 06-14-2022, 06:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
For me, I wouldn't mind bringing back the Abilities that were in APF2K8 and having them implemented the same. I feel that was one of the best implemented badge/abilities system. Yes, the ratings were "under the hood " that could be edited in the Editor. But, the way how abilities were implemented in 2k8 felt right. It didn't feel overpowered or a big boost. It felt like skills that either a player had or didn't.
Most if not all the players within the same tier were almost identical rating wise, with a few exceptions. The one thing that actually differentiated the largely generic player base (G,S,B, and "generic" included), was the abilities.

IF you unlocked all the achievements and could make 5 ability gold CAP players you really started to see just how unique you could make players, which transitioned into some very different, complex, and unique schemes/teams if you were within the right community.
Old 06-14-2022, 06:36 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderhorse
Most if not all the players within the same tier were almost identical rating wise, with a few exceptions. The one thing that actually differentiated the largely generic player base (G,S,B, and "generic" included), was the abilities.

IF you unlocked all the achievements and could make 5 ability gold CAP players you really started to see just how unique you could make players, which transitioned into some very different, complex, and unique schemes/teams if you were within the right community.
I know, those 5 ability Cap Players were a game changer. You could literally build teams/scheme around those players
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2022, 11:01 PM   #6
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Agreed. I used to do exhaustive roster work on APF2k8 via Javo's editor and it never ceased to amaze how closely you could get a player to behave like their real-life counterpart.

With the abilities and attribute tweaks you could craft unique skillsets for each player resulting in super organic and realistic gameplay between two fully edited teams. You'd be hard pressed to make it through a quarter without constantly watching replays.
Old 06-16-2022, 07:28 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Agreed. I used to do exhaustive roster work on APF2k8 via Javo's editor and it never ceased to amaze how closely you could get a player to behave like their real-life counterpart.

With the abilities and attribute tweaks you could craft unique skillsets for each player resulting in super organic and realistic gameplay between two fully edited teams. You'd be hard pressed to make it through a quarter without constantly watching replays.
Exactly. My favorite thing was that speed isn't king like it is in Madden. I could build a team without a Speed Demon and still be a dominant. Not having a speed demon isn't as much of a detriment in 2k8. A WR with Route God and Bump Breaker/Buster can consistently get open. A DB with Coverage ability and Bump and Run isn't getting beat consistently.

But as I said before, the abilities were skills not situational boosts like in Madden and NBA 2k. Which didn't make them feel overpowered. Which makes me think about the best way to approach ratings and badges/abilities. My issue isn't the use of ratings and badges/abilities. It's the way the players aren't differentiated. Using Ratings only, is basically players being programmed to play the same way with the rating differentiating players. Using ratings and abilities, is those same similarly programmed players with differentiating ratings and situationally better abilities. So, my issue is I want to see players not programmed the same. I would love a VIP system that is vastly expanded to included players and coach tendencies. That way each player performs uniquely and the ratings and badges aren't the sole differentiating factor
Old 12-11-2022, 11:19 AM   #8
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Here's another Badge

Tight -Window: with this badge the QB can throw tight window passes accurate

Example Drew Brees& Brett Farve

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NFL 2K »