Home

Post-Patch Sliders

This is a discussion on Post-Patch Sliders within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2008, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Post-Patch Sliders

Hey guys, haven't seen any posts on here for awhile re: sliders. I know it's been beat to death, but any new insight, post patch? I have read each thread in here, so if this has already been discussed after the newest patch, I apologize (I'm not sure when it was released b/c I'd given up temporarily).

I know sliders are not the same as in Madden. I just want to come close, once, to actually winning a game I'm not straight simming. Either I'm the worst coach of all time (possible) or something else is wrong. I'm using a new playbook so I know that has something to do with it, although I have a decent number of mastered O/D plays. My team is stacked (1st season Bills) due to offseason maneuvering.

I tried making some adjustments to account for my less than academic knowledge of NFL playcalling strategy, but they still seem to reverse. I go from 50% of passes being INTs returned for TDs to 80%. From a shoddy run game to a non-existent one. A poor defense to high schoolers. I just lost to the Rams with an injured Bulger & Jackson 58-7, mostly defensive scores. My OVR avg is probably ~85.

I just started reading this forum today so I haven't had a chance to try out any suggested settings yet. I'm looking for someone's opinion on whether the previously suggested sliders still stand, or now need to be adjusted. Thanks! I'll try to contribute myself once I get better :|
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Post-Patch Sliders

I still like the sliders previously discussed.

All default except for RB Ability at 45 and INT at 55.

The only issue I have the Yds per catch which seems to be high. Through my first 8 games Orton has completed 59% with 12 Int which seems reasonable, but his yards per attempt is 8.9. Based on the 2007 season that would rate #2 in the league. This probably has a lot to do with my 6-2 record. I'm also very happy with the running game, Forte is averaging 3.7 yds/carry.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »