Home

Any New Slider Post Patch Updates?

This is a discussion on Any New Slider Post Patch Updates? within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Any New Slider Post Patch Updates?

I have been using the prior sliders you reported. The problem I am finding is that long passes complete for a higher percentage than short passes. I have been looking for causes, but the catching skills of the respective targets is not the cause.

I was settling on 60 for run blocking change as well.

As far as FG%, with Sebastian Janikowski, I can make long ones with about the same % as short ones. Adding power would just result in 75 yard FG attempts making as often as 30, albeit a lower percentage than now.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoRaider
I have been using the prior sliders you reported. The problem I am finding is that long passes complete for a higher percentage than short passes. I have been looking for causes, but the catching skills of the respective targets is not the cause.

I was settling on 60 for run blocking change as well.

As far as FG%, with Sebastian Janikowski, I can make long ones with about the same % as short ones. Adding power would just result in 75 yard FG attempts making as often as 30, albeit a lower percentage than now.

It's funny, but my kicker K. Brown is 14 of 21 on FG and i have it set at default. My opponent last night missed (2) FG also playing against me.
Old 11-05-2008, 11:05 AM   #11
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by brza37
Why did you lower the punt power and accuracy? I'm not the only one that has complained about this but my punter only averages 30 yards when I actually play the games. He also shanks 3 of 5 punts causing them to only go about 20-25 yards.
20-25 yards? Wow, I'm just not seeing anything like that. At default, I saw punting, especially for the AI teams, that was just a little too good and little too consistent. You definitely should see a few "shanks" with these settings, but not too many I believe.

Other factors weigh in too... look at your special teams coach, punter skills, fatigue, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2008, 11:13 AM   #12
Rookie

jweaks's Arena

Quote:
I can't confirm or deny this, but I suspect it's true. My guess is that, if the QB can get the ball there, the deeper catches are easier due to the fact that the receiver is "further" from the potential defensive factors that can stop him closer to the line of scrimmage. In other words, there probably is not a negative factor simply based on the distance of the pass. But there should be.

Quote:
Yes, this a "catch-22." I think the average kicker needs the boost to make average FGs like he should but the big kickers don't need it. That slider should probably be dialed down a little... I have not because it has looked about right to me so far.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:29 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 12

Jweaks:

Try these out and see what you think. You must keep the "Penalty Sliders" on default. I'm using your 40/40 for QBA.

AI SETTINGS

User/Cpu

QB Awareness: 40/40
Pass Blocking: 50/50
WR Catching: 50/50
RB Ability: 50/50
Run Blocking 50/50

Awareness: 50/50
Knockdowns: 50/50
Interceptions: 55/55
Break Block: 50/50
Tackling: 50/50

FG Power: 50/50
FG Accuracy: 50/50
Punt Power: 50/50
Punt Accuracy: 50/50
Kickoff Power: 50/50

ALL PENALTIES SLIDERS SET TO DEFAULT.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 AM   #14
Rookie

Face Mask MUST change.

http://www.nytimes.com/packages/flas...HIC/index.html

Normal per game:

3 offensive holding
3 false start
2 offsides
1 defensive holding
1 personal foul
1 defensive pass interference

That is per game, not per side. There should be about 1 facemask per game, a bit less because there is also clipping and the like to account for. I am seeing much more than 1 facemask per game.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #15
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Anybody have a clue how to improve the running game? I've been messing around with the RB Ability slider but no real change either way. (I know that both sliders for CPU and HUM have to be the same.)
Also, stats in general seem almost impossible to keep up with. I've had a very successful (13-3 simmed about 6-7 games) and high scoring year but outside of my QB who is top five no other players on offense are close to the leaders in stats. On defense I've got the number one sacker
Spoiler
then after that no other categories even close. Tackles are impossible to get close to the 150 that the top guys have and although I've got 7 picks with one guy he still wasn't even top 10.
I play 15 min quarters with accelerated clock by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »