Home

Claystone's RBA 99 Sliders

This is a discussion on Claystone's RBA 99 Sliders within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Claystone's RBA 99 Sliders

Originally posted by Claystone on 1/8/09:
When setting RBA to 99/99 you get to make those outside runs that everyone gets stuffed by the defense. I like to know what stats people get playing with these.

AI SETTINGS

User/Cpu
QB Awareness: 40/40
Pass Blocking: 40/40
WR Catching: 40/40
RB Ability: 99/99
Run Blocking 40/40

Awareness: 40/40
Knockdowns: 40/40
Interceptions: 48/48
Break Block: 40/40
Tackling: 40/40

FG Power: 40/40
FG Accuracy: 40/40
Punt Power: 40/40
Punt Accuracy: 40/40
Kickoff Power: 40/40

After 14 games into my second season, I've been getting good results with these, but I've tweaked them just a bit:

User/Cpu
QB Awareness: 35/35
RB Ability: 75/75
Run Blocking: 50/50

Interceptions: 35/35

FG Accuracy: 40/40
Punt Power: 100/100
Punt Accuracy: 75/75
Kickoff Power: 40/40

Claystone did a good job with these, but basically, I think finding any universal slider set is impossible since there are too many variables related to the skills of the coaching staffs. If you've developed your coach's special skills to the max, I'm sure these are not going to work for you. I've decided to not develop any staff skills that would increase attributes or performance, so that's the basis for the above settings.

I lowered QBA becasue I was still getting some superhuman QB performanceat 40, 35 seems to work well as far as completion percentage and number of interceptions. I had to lower the interceptions to keep them in line and a good rule of thumb may be to keep that constant with QBA.

I like the performance of the RB with 99, but again, it seemed to be just a bit too much. At 75, the game feels more in line with reality. I can break a decent run of 10 yds plus from time to time, and can get a decent 4 yd gain just as often as I'm stuffed in the backfield. Bumping Run Blocking to 50 helped a lot here. Leaving it at 40 made running just a bit harder then it should have been. Also at 40, my OL hardly had any pancakes in relation to the rest of the league. My best OL had 5. Since I just bumped this up during my last game, I'll see if this has any noticeable affect in the future.

Defensively things work well. All the numbers work for me, although I do lead the league in tackels for loss by a great margin. My sacks are in line, my OLB leads the league with 15 after 14 games played.

Punting seems to be a big problem. Even with 100, I'm still only getting about 45 yds on a great punt. Minor annoyance, but maybe that's my punter, his OVR is only in the low 80's.

Anyway, thought I'd post this here since the Slider thread didn't have any recent activity. I'm at work, otherwise I'd post some stats so you could see what I'm talking about. Have two more games to go in the season, I'll post some end of the season stats in a day or two if anyone is interested.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2009, 12:24 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Claystone's RBA 99 Sliders

Finished up Year 2 and got very good results stats wise. I'm not going to swamp you with a line by line comparision of everything, but below are some key team stats. I placed the Ravens stats next to the game's high and low, and then compared with this season's NFL highs and lows.

Total Defensive Yards are WAY out of wack. Not sure what's going on there, but that's a minor annoyance since the other stats are good and in the scheme of things, who cares?

Not sure if I can do anything about the Penalty yards, but I'll see if I can find a setting that works for that.

My QB play was fine. Flacco had an passer rating of 88.3, 18 - TD, 14 - INT, 3582 yds, and 261/427 for 61% completion.

At RB, Ozzie Jones had 308 attempts for 1114 yds, a 3.6 avg. Not great, but that's why I bumped Run Block up to 50 from 40. We'll see in the playoffs if it makes a huge difference.

At WR, Mark Clayton had 69 rec for 1225 yrs, a 17.7 avg. A bit high and the result of throwing a lot of deep pass routes. Removing them from the playbook should lower the avg and up the number of receptions.

Defense is ok. My LOLB Antwan Barnes lead the league with 15 sacks, Ed Reed lead the league with 6 INT and Ray Lewis lead the team with 98 tackles.

Kicking was ok as well. Shayne Graham was 21/24 with a long of 50 yds. The best kicker in the league was 28/34 with a long of 55.

Punting was below average, an avg punt of 38.8 with a long of 50. Leauge highs were 45.3 and long of 61. But my punter Sam Koch has a rating of 79, the league leader is an 88, so at least that makes sense even if the numbers are low from NFL standards.

So that's it. Going to finish the playoffs and move into Season 3.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Stats.bmp (248.5 KB, 567 views)
Old 01-28-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenManiac5220

I lowered QBA becasue I was still getting some superhuman QB performanceat 40, 35 seems to work well as far as completion percentage and number of interceptions. I had to lower the interceptions to keep them in line and a good rule of thumb may be to keep that constant with QBA.

I like the performance of the RB with 99, but again, it seemed to be just a bit too much. At 75, the game feels more in line with reality. I can break a decent run of 10 yds plus from time to time, and can get a decent 4 yd gain just as often as I'm stuffed in the backfield. Bumping Run Blocking to 50 helped a lot here. Leaving it at 40 made running just a bit harder then it should have been. Also at 40, my OL hardly had any pancakes in relation to the rest of the league. My best OL had 5. Since I just bumped this up during my last game, I'll see if this has any noticeable affect in the future.
This is my first post here... wow

I had same issue with QBs... most of opposing QBs throwing lasers all over field. I'm looking forward to test these (i'm in the middle of renovation project so I have issues with finding playing time). Also lowering INTs should do because I had a five game span in which Marcus Trufant (Seahawks CB) returned INT for TD in every game (not realistic although he is good).

I also got feeling that running backs (even Maurice Morris) became too good and exploited every cap that was opened with some supermove. Hope lowering RBA-setting evens things a bit.
Old 02-28-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

User/Cpu
QB Awareness: 40/40
RB Ability: 75/75

Run Blocking 60/60

Interceptions: 48/48

FG Accuracy: 30/30
Punt Power: 40/40
Punt Accuracy: 40/40
Kickoff Power: 30/30

I have found these to be a slight bit more realistic. For me atleast, though the comp players running is still bad, but I think that has more to do with my players and the fact teams have to play catchup on me alot. The FG acc I have used since I 1st seem his sliders, The kick power I have used since I had a kicker put 10 straight into the back of the endzone when I 1st started playing..... against the wind and with it.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:55 AM   #5
Rookie

Sorry if this has been asked before but what kind of results do these setting give up for offence line pancake blocks as my line only has 43 between them after 14 weeks on defaults settings.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »