Home

Why is there a "User" slider?

This is a discussion on Why is there a "User" slider? within the NFL Head Coach Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Why is there a "User" slider?

The whole game is CPU A.I.

Maybe this was discussed, and since I am new here, I missed the boat on that discussion... but I did an experiment.

I was reading other boards, and found that a lot of people felt that the sliders (pre-patch) do not work. I just got my copy of the game from GameFly.

I learned they were correct.

I was playing the Colts... and Peyton Manning, Reggie Wayne, Joseph Addai, and Anthony Gonzalez were having a field day on my lowly and less talented Bills team...

I put all the CPU sliders down to 0... and it still was the same..

I put all the User sliders up to 100... and it was still the same...

So I got to thinking -- "I am not controlling this... the AI is controlling my players..."

So I when I was on Defense, I changed the CPU defense sliders up to 100 for everything..... and low and behold... sack, sack, sack, knockdowns, no catches for the Colts, and INTs for me...

And special teams... no all my kickoffs go out of the endzone, and field goals from long range have better accuracy and distance...

So my question is... why did EA put a "User" slider, when the user does not control actual game play?

Why does the CPU slider control everything?

And if you want to have an edge on the CPU (being a new player and wanting to learn and then go back to normal later), after each possession you would have to tweak the AI settings for the CPU so that their offense is lower and your defense is higher, vice versa...

Does the patch fix this issue? Am I the only one who experienced this? or maybe did I drink too much and this is all in my head?

I played the Colts, Patriots, and Cowboys with the same results... first half... User sliders up / CPU down... I stunk.

Second half, CPU sliders up when I am on that side of the ball.... and I started scoring and making plays.

Just so you know, I play with default sliders now... but experimented to see if sliders really worked or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 07:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Why is there a "User" slider?

User slider controls your players. The best results come when you match both the CPU and the User sliders. Putting a Slider to 100 or 0 causes them to be F'd up. Hard to describe but it's true. Try the sliders in the claystone tread, either his or the ones some of us have used based of his. Also understand that playbook knowledge is of great importance, I'm not sure if your playing a quick game or a franchise but if you made a new coach and picked a different playbook than buffalo comes with you will get lower results untill they learn the plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach > NFL Head Coach Sliders »