Home

NFL Head Coach: Hands-on Q&A

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach: Hands-on Q&A within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-01-2006, 01:09 AM   #65
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: NFL Head Coach: Hands-on Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Do you think this game will be pretty much cheese free online, since the player isn't in control of the players?
I have some concern that people who are quicker on the stick could do more pre-snap adjustments in the allotted time, which might lead to some issues, but in general, it should be...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2006, 01:12 AM   #66
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
SD I read the gamespot hands-on of the game and they mentioned 6 different camera angles. I don't know if their build was the same as yours but did you try out the different camera angles? Which is the best?

Also during the game are there commentators or do you just hear the coaches and the ambience of the live crowd?
Oh, yeah. Brian Ekberg and I are buds. We sat right next to each other and had the same build.

I liked the blimp cam a lot, and I also enjoyed the "coach cam", where you just sit behind the coach's shoulder on the sideline - it's chaotic and distant, but it really immerses you in the coach's world.
There's a broadcast angle that's nice, and the standard behind-the-offense Madden view is tried-and-true.

There weren't any commentators. I'm not sure if they intend to add them or not, but I like the "feel" without them.
Old 04-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #67
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Cool, well i'm sold on this baby. I was reading impressions from another site and one guy said he barely got through the preseason stuff before the actual games!

There was also a point made that this is the kinda game where play scripting for the first ten plays should be implemented. I doubt that'd be something for this year but it's definetely do-able I think.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 04-01-2006, 04:57 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdrotar
I have some concern that people who are quicker on the stick could do more pre-snap adjustments in the allotted time, which might lead to some issues, but in general, it should be...
TY..

Audio set up:
Benchmark DAC1
headphones: Balanced Sony SA5000/Sen 650 AKG 340
Old 04-02-2006, 11:26 AM   #69
Banned

OVR: 3

A potentially fantastic game.... (Im a coach mode addict, FYI!)
Old 04-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Here is a question I have. I was thinking about it while watching some old game film. You know as the game is being played on offense and defense they can keep track of what is going on and make adjustments to it. For instance, you'll see the QB with photos looking over alignments and also see what happened durning the play. Defenders get the same thing, they'll get a photo where they can see the offensive formation and how they are attacking from it. Do you know if there will be anything that tracks this type stuff.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:40 PM   #71
OS Managing Ed., 2002-07

sdrotar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Here is a question I have. I was thinking about it while watching some old game film. You know as the game is being played on offense and defense they can keep track of what is going on and make adjustments to it. For instance, you'll see the QB with photos looking over alignments and also see what happened durning the play. Defenders get the same thing, they'll get a photo where they can see the offensive formation and how they are attacking from it. Do you know if there will be anything that tracks this type stuff.
There will not be - but the idea of adding "black and whites" to the mix in any possible sequel was discussed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2006, 02:57 PM   #72
Banned

LSUFan2004's Arena

OVR: 7

Do you have to worry about the meida or fans getting on your back and second guessing your decisions? Can you be fired and or leave one head coaching job for another?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »