Home

Diary of a Head Coach (@ IGN) Part 2

This is a discussion on Diary of a Head Coach (@ IGN) Part 2 within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2006, 10:53 AM   #9
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: Diary of a Head Coach (@ IGN) Part 2

I can overlook everything, but the computer not subbing starters in the preseason games.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:12 AM   #10
MVP

dbeth's Arena

OVR: 21

Are the Rams pants WHITE again this year?!?!? They've worn them ONCE in a preseason game back in 2000 or something like that.

Go Badgers!
Old 06-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #11
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFan78
I can overlook everything, but the computer not subbing starters in the preseason games.
Now here's something to ask yourself. What if the CPU subs players when the games are simulated and NOT played. THEN I can overlook the CPU not subbing starters while playing preseason. Because I really don't care about playing preseason games. BUT if it doesn't then I really don't want to see 10-20 superstars around the league lost to injury because they got hurt in the preseason. That'll be very unrealistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2006, 12:24 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 6

I'm pretty sure there is no overtime in NFL preseason either. Thats why you see HC going for two in possible tie games
Old 06-02-2006, 12:46 PM   #13
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

There's overtimes in NFL preseason games, but you never see it. If a team has the potential to tie the game, 99.9999% of the time you'll see them go for 2 and the win or the loss. They want the game to be over, not risk injury to anybody and the win/loss doesn't matter.

That's why you never see it, and I can understand why they wouldn't put it in there. Not subbing in backups makes no sense to me, but oh well.

The difficulty in navigating menu areas sounds like it will be tedious, but the practice reps, the play working in a game environment, and taking sacks when you call your money play in the same down and distance is what it's all about for me.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:47 PM   #14
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dice
BUT if it doesn't then I really don't want to see 10-20 superstars around the league lost to injury because they got hurt in the preseason. That'll be very unrealistic.
LMAO....that would suck! I sure couldn't live with that!
Old 06-02-2006, 02:00 PM   #15
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jm0ney2001
I'm pretty sure there is no overtime in NFL preseason either. Thats why you see HC going for two in possible tie games
Thats not true. I went to the Ravens Redskins preseason game last year and it went to OT.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2006, 03:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1
Thumbs down Re: Diary of a Head Coach (@ IGN) Part 2

No subbing in preseason.... it cant be that hard to program that into the game, even madden manages to get that right.

another beef i've had is the stupid 55 limit on roster size in the preseason, (on madden and now this game)NFL2K5 allowed it, even on the PS2 so dont give me its a limit of current gen gaming BS.

the preseason is about evaluating your talent namely who will make the 53 man roster and if backups preform well enough to win a starting spot or improve by playing real games. I guess none of these are modeled in this game which is ridiculous! Why even have the preseason in the game!!???!!!! if your roster is at 55 and no one puts in their backups then there is no purpose! All it is, is four meaningless games then.

Im steamed, i was really hopeing EA would put out something us sim fans liked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »