Home

Diary of a Head Coach (@ IGN) Part 2

This is a discussion on Diary of a Head Coach (@ IGN) Part 2 within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Diary of a Head Coach (@ IGN) Part 2

Why do we have to wait until next year? Keep the game in development and add these basic features.
Old 06-02-2006, 04:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFight2000
No subbing in preseason.... it cant be that hard to program that into the game, even madden manages to get that right.

another beef i've had is the stupid 55 limit on roster size in the preseason, (on madden and now this game)NFL2K5 allowed it, even on the PS2 so dont give me its a limit of current gen gaming BS.

the preseason is about evaluating your talent namely who will make the 53 man roster and if backups preform well enough to win a starting spot or improve by playing real games. I guess none of these are modeled in this game which is ridiculous! Why even have the preseason in the game!!???!!!! if your roster is at 55 and no one puts in their backups then there is no purpose! All it is, is four meaningless games then.

Im steamed, i was really hopeing EA would put out something us sim fans liked.
I totally agree. You know, all of us appreciate that this is only a video game. It's not life or death, only forty bucks spent. Most of us will still buy the game and get many hours of enjoyment from it. But already we are finding out that it could, and should, have been much better. Imagine if we knew this last October. Your draft choices end up as free agents because you don't have roster spots, no CPU subbing in pre-season games, no roster cut down dates or practice squads. In a football "coaching simulation"? That's Horse Hockey we would have cried. Now, days from going gold we find this out. I can't imagine that with all the time, effort, skill and money spent on this game that the developers can't get us 10 more entries in the team database for an expanded roster and then write a simple script to sub 2nd & 3rd team units into pre-season games. Mind boggling! I bet we could get 5 programers on this forum that would do that for them in a week, for free. I know that most of you reading this will say "what's his problem" but it just irks me that with all the horsepower available in our current gaming machines, and all the money we spend keeping them current, that it's the simple things, like this, that are somehow the hardest to get.
Old 06-02-2006, 05:03 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

That bit about "I looked across the table and realized Henry Ellard had become a short white man, not at all how I remembered him.." was hilarious..I actually nearly spit out my water and pulled a Kramer on that... too funny. It's stupid it's that way in the game but hilarious how the guy phrased it. Maybe that's what happens to some of the elite black WR's in the league, just a natural part of aging, they retire from the game and slowly turn into short white men. Oh the humanity!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-02-2006, 06:24 PM   #20
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFight2000
the preseason is about evaluating your talent namely who will make the 53 man roster and if backups preform well enough to win a starting spot or improve by playing real games. I guess none of these are modeled in this game which is ridiculous! Why even have the preseason in the game!!???!!!! if your roster is at 55 and no one puts in their backups then there is no purpose! All it is, is four meaningless games then.
You do know you can put in subs yourself. Hell, you can do them on the fly instead of going through menus. So while it's not perfect you can still evaluate your talent.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-02-2006, 06:48 PM   #21
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
You do know you can put in subs yourself. Hell, you can do them on the fly instead of going through menus. So while it's not perfect you can still evaluate your talent.
Definitely, and I don't think it's a gamebreaker myself.

However...

It would be tough to evaluate my 2nd and 3rd string guys if they're trying to cover Marvin Harrison and defend Peyton Manning passes since the CPU didn't sub in their scrubs. It would be like evaluating your high school team and giving them low marks because they couldn't keep up with USC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2006, 06:51 PM   #22
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCrouch

However...

It would be tough to evaluate my 2nd and 3rd string guys if they're trying to cover Marvin Harrison and defend Peyton Manning passes since the CPU didn't sub in their scrubs. It would be like evaluating your high school team and giving them low marks because they couldn't keep up with USC.
Hmm good point, Well it's better then not being able to evaluate them at all.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 06-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Can you substitute packages in, similar to NCAA Football where you can Mass Sub the whole 2nd team offense or defense into the game?
Old 06-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #24
binging

SPTO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furq
Can you substitute packages in, similar to NCAA Football where you can Mass Sub the whole 2nd team offense or defense into the game?
One should think so.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »