Home

Old 06-17-2006, 01:04 PM   #9
Rookie

oklahoma19's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: question

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
the game starts the day after the super bowl. Any trades, etc. will not have transpired. Im hoping someone finds a way to at least make the proper trades through roster adjustments.

Heck, now that I think about it, maybe someone can even go in and find the 30 draft classes in the future and manipulate next years draft class to be as accurate as possible, etc. That'd be pretty pimp.
Actually I swear I read somewhere that the game comes complete with 30 draft classes...dont count me on that but I did read that someone said that.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:01 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by oklahoma19
Actually I swear I read somewhere that the game comes complete with 30 draft classes...dont count me on that but I did read that someone said that.
Yeah you're right, they did say that.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #11
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:

ya, but how do they know whos gonna come out of the draft 25 yrs from now, know wut i mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 PM   #12
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
yeah, but what Im saying is starting with the 2007 draft, it will be created players, none would be authentic. What I meant by that is go into the file that stores the 30 draft classes and edit the 2007 draft class to match as closely as possible the real 2007 draft class.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:55 PM   #13
Banned

Soonerfan09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschwendt
yeah, but what Im saying is starting with the 2007 draft, it will be created players, none would be authentic. What I meant by that is go into the file that stores the 30 draft classes and edit the 2007 draft class to match as closely as possible the real 2007 draft class.
i'm pretty sure after the first season, all the classes are random. Would you still be able to do it?
Old 06-17-2006, 05:58 PM   #14
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7

Personally, I think its great that it starts before the draft.

I hate Vince Young, and as a Titans fan, wont be drafting him anyway.

Besides, at some point, the rosters are going to change. Thats kind of the whole point of having drafting and free agency in the game - to build your team.

Is it that big a deal to you have have the exact rosters as they are on day 1 of NFL training camps? Because theyre going to change in the game, and in real life very quickly.

Just put your mind in a little time bubble back to February when you play, and make the moves you see fit. If acquiring a player that your team acquired in real life is that important to you, then do so in the game.

Besides, Id be mildly surprised if you couldnt edit the rosters somewhat anyway. Thats a staple in EA games.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:57 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

I understand your concern about wanting the right rookies on the right teams but by the same token I'm sure you're not the only one so I'll be betting that at least for the PC anyways you'll be able to download something to fix it for those who want the right rookies in the right place.

As for my opinion, I like an alternate draft and I'm already hoping I can figure out a way to trade up to get my Cowboys A.J. Hawk somehow.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2006, 07:05 AM   #16
Pro

rastak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerfan09
i'm pretty sure after the first season, all the classes are random. Would you still be able to do it?

I don't think they are random, I think they created 30 draft classes ahead of time
and Kiper recorded comments on all 30.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »