Home

Old 06-16-2006, 05:27 PM   #1
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
question

will this game be able to play starting from AFTER the draft? the reason i ask is because i'd like to get the real draft pics AND the contracts they signed... you know, for it to be authentic to whats happening in the NFL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2006, 05:52 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: question

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf03ho
will this game be able to play starting from AFTER the draft? the reason i ask is because i'd like to get the real draft pics AND the contracts they signed... you know, for it to be authentic to whats happening in the NFL
the game starts the day after the super bowl. Any trades, etc. will not have transpired. Im hoping someone finds a way to at least make the proper trades through roster adjustments.

Heck, now that I think about it, maybe someone can even go in and find the 30 draft classes in the future and manipulate next years draft class to be as accurate as possible, etc. That'd be pretty pimp.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

thats sooooo stupid... like, i wanna play with my favourite team, with all their moves already done, not bullsh1t through a draft and offseason.. this is ********... i get they wanna get this game out before madden and ncaa, but they could have still sold it and let ppl get a feel for it, THEN put out roster updates after the preseason.. fak man
Old 06-16-2006, 07:49 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
thats sooooo stupid... like, i wanna play with my favourite team, with all their moves already done, not bullsh1t through a draft and offseason.. this is ********... i get they wanna get this game out before madden and ncaa, but they could have still sold it and let ppl get a feel for it, THEN put out roster updates after the preseason.. fak man
It's hardly ********, for a coaching sim it makes complete sense as the draft and preseason is what coaching is mostly about.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's hardly ********, for a coaching sim it makes complete sense as the draft and preseason is what coaching is mostly about.

ya, but allow us to take control of the season, maybe even preseason, and the offseason after that... i dont wanna see bush in houston, or leinart in greenbay or sumthin, i wanna work with real rosters.... maybe im the only one who sees this as an issue and a problem that im not controllers a team that looks exactly like mine, at least at the beginning of the season
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #6
Pro

rastak's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
ya, but allow us to take control of the season, maybe even preseason, and the offseason after that... i dont wanna see bush in houston, or leinart in greenbay or sumthin, i wanna work with real rosters.... maybe im the only one who sees this as an issue and a problem that im not controllers a team that looks exactly like mine, at least at the beginning of the season

I don't find it ******** in the least.....it's a game not a historical recreation of some past season. I think it's pretty cool to run the draft with all the real players.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #7
EA Game Changer

gschwendt's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
maybe in future versions, a good suggestion woudl be an option that comes up that asks "when do you want to start" a. right after the superbowl b. the day before the draft c. the day after the draft

a. would be like is right now
b. would have off season trades but you get to draft
c. would have the draft as it happened
Old 06-17-2006, 12:22 PM   #8
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

I like the idea of starting right after the Super Bowl. As a coach it would allow me to hire the kind of players I want and set a philosophy for the upcoming season that's different then how the team is doing it in RL.

Lord knows, i'd do things differently then Marv Levy and Dick Jauron. At least, the way things are going the Bills may get Brady Quinn next year.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »