Home

Official Impressions thread

This is a discussion on Official Impressions thread within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2006, 05:41 PM   #313
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Official Impressions thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
The PC version of this game with the slider application thats out now makes this game worth even a 49.99 purchase instead of a 39.99 purchase. For me, having it on the PC I dont have the issues the console people have. I think some of you guys griping about the game have legit gripes while I think some of you griping about the game are just spoiled by the button mashing and really have a hard time accepting the fact that when the ball is hiked you dont controll anything. Thats the whole reason for the game. Its not about you picking up your xbox or ps2 controller and running bootlegs with Vick scampering up the sideline for 200 rushing yards a game.
Good point. I am just a football fan. I am not a Sega fan or an EA fan; I just want a good game. I will take your advice and try the PC version of the game. Like I stated in an earlier post, I love the new player rating system.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #314
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut XX
Good point. I am just a football fan. I am not a Sega fan or an EA fan; I just want a good game. I will take your advice and try the PC version of the game. Like I stated in an earlier post, I love the new player rating system.
The PC version is great. Youll find people on this thread who hate the game, most of the people that dont like it are the console people, and Id probably agree with them..but the vast majority of people with the PC versino and the sliders you can get from football-freaks.com love the game. Plus if you can run it at 1600x1200 or 1280x1024 is blows the console away as far as how clean the graphics are. Its still the Madden engine, but there is a huge difference in visual quality and sharpness.
Old 07-13-2006, 10:14 PM   #315
MVP

OVR: 9

So after a few weeks does everyone enjoy this game or what? Especially those console users, who can't get mods, how's the game after you've really had time with it?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #316
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan
So after a few weeks does everyone enjoy this game or what? Especially those console users, who can't get mods, how's the game after you've really had time with it?
Console person here,

Still enjoying the game..even moreso now than when I initially started playing it because there's always something I new I discover. Lack of AI sliders isn't an issue for me. As a recovered Slider Addict, I find it liberating.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #317
Rookie

OVR: 2

hey, how bout that interface? wow, b-r-u-t-a-l. Games got tons of potential but geez. and is there an expanded manual anywhere on the net? my game came with like two pages of instructions and one of the pages dealt with turning your xbox on. can i get a little direction here?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:37 AM   #318
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I still love thios game and I haven't even got the sliders yet for the PC version. I'm using the Broncos right now and I'm sitting at 3-1 and trying to make it to the Superbowl It's a nice change of pace from Madden
Old 01-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #319
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnriii
I was very, very stoked about this game, primarily because of the concept. I even waited a week after the game came out to buy it, because I wanted to see what people thought of it....then I took the plunge. I got it on PS2, and damn it all to hell, the gameplay just absolutely sucks malted monkey balls!! I feel like a total putz for not following my first mind and letting this game alone, but nooooooo, I went over the cliff with the rest of the lemmings!! I'm a coach mode gamer, and this game had so much potential....damn you EA, I'll see you next month when Madden comes out, I only hope you don't screw IT up either!!!
Funny thing is that my 14 year old son is a diehard Madden and NCAA Football player and he is always looking at stats, tweaking players and all other sim management oriented stuff. So I bought him this game for his B'Day and he absolutely hated it. He said it was boring and took too much time. he likes to manage "stuff", just not that much management. I may pick it up for XBOX because I like sims. I love to play sim Wrestling games and it wouldbe a break from me playing NFL 2K5 and NFL Fever 2004, Monk....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »