Home

Official "Bugs, glitches, errors" thread

This is a discussion on Official "Bugs, glitches, errors" thread within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2006, 05:51 PM   #57
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Official "Bugs, glitches, errors" thread

I just bought this game for the PC and I'm having a weird issue: if I move the mouse, the game locks up. I can play the game without moving the mouse and it appears to work fine, but as soon as I move the mouse, it freezes. Any ideas?
Old 06-25-2006, 08:28 PM   #58
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

Couple gameplay observations/bugs after 3 preseason games (Xbox Version):
  • It seems that QB strategy stays on/gets stuck even if you just select "Do this for this play". Ex: I tell my QB to throw past the first down marker on a 3rd down play, when I go back into QB strategy the play after, it still shows that he is set up to throw past the first down marker, have to reset all strategies every time I want to change them.
  • Offensive and Defensive Coordinators seem to be pretty clueless, I have a pretty expanded playbook on both sides of the ball but if I were to let my coordinators handle the playcalling I'd be running the same 10 plays all game long. Mike Martz (rated 93) is the Lions OC, so it can't be that he's just a bad coordinator.
  • Can't tell how the game is handling substitutions in preseason, I've been manually doing global substitutions from the depth chart but I notice the CPU will sub in a running back for me at times, could be caused by my back being tired, but seems kind of random
Really liking this game so far except for the bugs, currently 2-1 in preseason. My Lions just lost their first game to a Raiders team featuring Reggie Bush AND Lendale White. Reggie roughed me up pretty good and opened up the passing game for Moss to beat me deep.
Old 06-25-2006, 08:36 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Wrong answer. I actually have lost two people, one for the season, in either practice or a game. There is a gray bar that drops down from the top right of the screen that shows who is hurt and how long. Its not big and easy to miss. The CPU also lost Pennington against me but his injury time said 5P. So injuries do happen, maybe you have been extremely fortunate or simply have not noticed them
are u playing PC or XBox?...because i know for a fact they do not work in the X-box version...maybe it was late fix in the PC version that did not make it in the x-box version...
Old 06-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #60
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by vripper
are u playing PC or XBox?...because i know for a fact they do not work in the X-box version...maybe it was late fix in the PC version that did not make it in the x-box version...
Dont misplace your facts for everyone. I have it on xbox and yes I have seen injuries in OFF vs DEF Con and in my second preseason game. I lost my starting TE for the season and the Jets also lost Pennington for 5P, which meant 5 plays. It can happen
Old 06-25-2006, 09:43 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodiak
Dont misplace your facts for everyone. I have it on xbox and yes I have seen injuries in OFF vs DEF Con and in my second preseason game. I lost my starting TE for the season and the Jets also lost Pennington for 5P, which meant 5 plays. It can happen
I apologize if you think I am misplacing facts for everyone. That is not my intention at all. I am just reporting what I have heard from people that work at EA, as well as what I have seen on my own, and adding 1 and 1 together. I have friends who work there, that told me that the game shipped with the fact that injuries do not happen (for those who don't know how it works, EVERY game ships with known bugs, and this was one of them).

Now you are saying you have seen one. I am not denying you did. I believe you. I am just reporting what i was told, and on top of that, I am in week 9 and I have yet to see ONE injury on my team. I run FULL CONTACT practice EVERY practice...and have gone 9 games with no injuries. I have not simmed ANYTHING yet. You can call that lucky if you want. I call it a bug.

I am glad that you actually did see an in-game or in-practice injury, because that means that injuries must occur very very occassionally. But wouldn't you agree that its kind of a serious issue if I have not had one injury this entire season after 13 weeks (preseason included) of full contact practices??? So, i guess the point now is...if there are injuries, there are not nearly enough of them. Please keep me posted though, I would like to hear if you get more injuries, and how many injuries you get this season. And for anyone else is reading this, please let me know if you get any injuries in game or in practice...without simming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 11:51 AM   #62
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vripper
I apologize if you think I am misplacing facts for everyone. That is not my intention at all. I am just reporting what I have heard from people that work at EA, as well as what I have seen on my own, and adding 1 and 1 together. I have friends who work there, that told me that the game shipped with the fact that injuries do not happen (for those who don't know how it works, EVERY game ships with known bugs, and this was one of them).

Now you are saying you have seen one. I am not denying you did. I believe you. I am just reporting what i was told, and on top of that, I am in week 9 and I have yet to see ONE injury on my team. I run FULL CONTACT practice EVERY practice...and have gone 9 games with no injuries. I have not simmed ANYTHING yet. You can call that lucky if you want. I call it a bug.

I am glad that you actually did see an in-game or in-practice injury, because that means that injuries must occur very very occassionally. But wouldn't you agree that its kind of a serious issue if I have not had one injury this entire season after 13 weeks (preseason included) of full contact practices??? So, i guess the point now is...if there are injuries, there are not nearly enough of them. Please keep me posted though, I would like to hear if you get more injuries, and how many injuries you get this season. And for anyone else is reading this, please let me know if you get any injuries in game or in practice...without simming.
I've definitely had some injuries too. I lost my starting LT Marvel Smith in an OFF vs. DEF Con drill for 8 weeks with a broken collarbone. Then I lost draft pick AJ Nicholson to a torn quad for 12 weeks in practice. There have also been a lot of nuisance type injuries in games that lost me someone for a few plays or Quarters. No complaints here.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:53 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by XiaNaphryz
I just saw the strangest thing during the passing/skeleton practice drill. Playing the Niners, Alex Smith goes back to pass, and pretty much everyone on defense goes back into coverage. After waiting for a good 5-8 seconds, Alex throws a long bomb...backwards towards the corner of the opposite end zone!!! A CB managed to race back and pick up the weird uber-lateral-of-doom and hopped into the end zone for the score.
I had this happen also with Mark Brunell

I have had 1 injury in about 6 games (PS2). Mike Sellers was injured for 5 weeks.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:45 PM   #64
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

I was reading about a horrible glitch on another forum.

After finishing their first season, the created head coach is not there and another head coach is in his place. Then all of the scores show up as 0-0. Simming won't fix it.

Are there many people here experiencing this. If so, for which platform?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »