Home

which scenario do you like better (help with a trade)

This is a discussion on which scenario do you like better (help with a trade) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 11:13 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: which scenario do you like better (help with a trade)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicBucsWsoxFan
Alright thanks a bunch. I havent played yet so I dont know about the in game adjustments and all that yet. But hearing that your using Simms and arnt having glaring problems, solves the deal for me. Ill do scenario two.

at #8 (bills pick) Should I go with Dbrick or has he been dropping? (can I wait til 23) also who would you all pick FS wise in the 1st round?
Well, I actually got D'Brickashaw with my 1st round pick at #23. So, you may be able to wait. As for FS, I don't see the need to draft one. If you re-sign Jackson he can battle it out with Will Allen. Even if you don't re-sign Jackson, Allen should start at FS meaning using a 2nd round pick on a FS would be potentially wasting a pick.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:39 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 14

Well I have issues with Dex Jax, its more from a real life standpoint, but anyway Im not resigning him. I am definatly taking Dbrick if hes avai. but I will have another 1st round pick (by unloaded griese and my second). I know Will Allen is probably more than capable, but I dont know if waiting til the 3rd round if I can get a seviceable backup for Allen if things dont work out or he gets injured.

If you had an extra pick in the first round who would you take?

Follow me on www.twitter.com/thedrozd
Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
Unless the player was Jesus Christ, nobody would send a 1 & 2 and a Player.
And to be honest, from the scouting reports I read, Jesus aint all that on the football feild. In college he got hit late 17 times, twice he was put in the hospital for weeks and he immediately forgave the players who did it to him. I need someone with some "fire" pardon the pun, on the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 12:14 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Ok im the tampabay buccaneers in my coach season and am wondering which scenario you find better?

#1 - I trade my first round pick #23, 2nd round pick & Brian Greise
to the Jets for Chad Pennington.

- This would give me a top tier QB whos extreamly accurate(in the game), to go along with Cadillac in the backfield and Galloway & Clayton to throw too, but I would also lose both my 1st and 2nd round picks.

#2 - I trade my 2nd round pick & Brian Giese to Buffalo for the #8 overall pick. This would give me both the #8 & 23 overall pick, but since im not a huge fan of any of the quarterbacks in the draft I would probably stick with Chris Sims. Id probably draft Debrickishaw Ferguson with one of the picks and then maybe go after a WR or FS with my 23rd pick.

I like scenario #2, but I dont know how productive Chris Simms can be, and with the amount of interceptions I keep hearing about, going in with the low rated simms could be extreamly dangerous, but on the other hand, if I take Pennington it might be a good business move, but then I will pretty much take no part in the draft.
I like option 2. Option one will get you murdered by your team, fans, coaching staff and the people on Sportscenter.

With option 2 you could pick up a QB, but I think there is hope for Sims. So with the 8th pick if D'Brick is there, get him. He will ancor that line for a long time and will protect Simms enough to give him a chance to develop. With the 23 pick if he's still available you can snatch up Santonio Holmes. If hes not then look for a TE or a good first round worth defensive player, you wont have a round 2 pick but at the 3rd round I stole WR Senoirce Moss from the U of Miami and he's been a pure stud for me.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I like option 2. Option one will get you murdered by your team, fans, coaching staff and the people on Sportscenter.

With option 2 you could pick up a QB, but I think there is hope for Sims. So with the 8th pick if D'Brick is there, get him. He will ancor that line for a long time and will protect Simms enough to give him a chance to develop. With the 23 pick if he's still available you can snatch up Santonio Holmes. If hes not then look for a TE or a good first round worth defensive player, you wont have a round 2 pick but at the 3rd round I stole WR Senoirce Moss from the U of Miami and he's been a pure stud for me.
That is the route im going for sure. im very interested in Michael huff to replace dexter jackson, but its hard to judge whether i hope for huff to be there at 23 and pick dbrick with 8 or the other way around and pick huff at 8 and hope for dbrick at 23.

Follow me on www.twitter.com/thedrozd
Old 06-23-2006, 12:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Well I have issues with Dex Jax, its more from a real life standpoint, but anyway Im not resigning him. I am definatly taking Dbrick if hes avai. but I will have another 1st round pick (by unloaded griese and my second). I know Will Allen is probably more than capable, but I dont know if waiting til the 3rd round if I can get a seviceable backup for Allen if things dont work out or he gets injured.

If you had an extra pick in the first round who would you take?
You can get a serviceable backup S in the mid-rounds I wouldn't worry about it too much. Plus, you still have Donte Nicholson who IRL isn't too bad. Could be the replacement for Jermaine Phillips if Phillips continues to find himself on the shelf.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:02 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 8

If you want both Huff and Ferguson, I'd draft Huff first. Most of the ones I've seen have him going in the top 10 or 12. If it were up to me, I'd probably take Ferguson over Huff with the 8th pick then steal Huff if he's available at 23, knowing that he probably won't be around then. Otherwise, I might look to grab the top QB available--especially because I'd be worried about Simms too. Worst case scenario, Simms works out and you have a Chargers-type situation if you decide to unload either Simms or the rook.

blackceasar might be on to something too with the idea of picking up Holmes or Moss.

That's just my thought...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 01:08 PM   #16
Pro

Rau71's Arena

OVR: 8

I keep seeing huff in the top 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »