Home

Looking to the Draft

This is a discussion on Looking to the Draft within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Looking to the Draft

I officially started my career with the Browns last night, and am going to meet with the owner tonight. Last night when I was messing around, I talked with the owner, and one of the goals he gave me was to draft a franchise QB.

I looked at the Browns QB situation, and I couldn't believe how poorly Charlie Frye was rated. Dilfer's not much better, so I had better do what the owner says. The owner also wants me to improve the O-line.

Here's what I was thinking... I've seen Vince Young, Jay Cutler, and D'Brickashaw Ferguson fall down many draft boards in this game. I was thinking about taking Ferguson at #12, and then trading Dilfer and a draft pick, probably my 2nd rounder, to someone so I can get into the tail end of the first round to take one of the QBs.

Does that sound like a good strategy to you guys? Or do you think I can sit tight going into the second round and still get Cutler or Young?

This is all assuming that the owner gives me the same goals when I talk with him tonight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Looking to the Draft

My draft was very strange. Leinart went #2, then there wasn't a QB taken until Clemons went to Philly at 14. Then Cutler at 16 to Miami, Young to KC at 20 and Croyle to Seattle at 31.

I also was told to draft a QB, and I waited too long, and the best QB left in the 5th round was Toledo's Gradkowski.

I ended up trading for Cutler from Miami, because I didn't want to have to rely on Bledsoe.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »