Home

Anyone Lions (Franchise)??

This is a discussion on Anyone Lions (Franchise)?? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-24-2006, 01:22 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Anyone Lions (Franchise)??

I just started my coaching career with the Lions. I went through most of the basic stuff. Fired and Hired a few position coaches. I love that I have such a great offensive coordinatior (Hopefully in rel life too). Im just about to start signing players, and enter the draft, well maybe in a few hours based on some peoples postings.

Anyways, anyone else start their career with the Lions? Who did you go after in FA? I'm thinking that OL and LB will be a focus. Also, did you try to go the QB route in the draft? I want Huff if he falls, but the owner is saying a young stud QB. After lookin at Harrington I have to address the problem in FA or draft. Maybe Leinhart or Young falls? Probably end up trading up if I want Huff, Leinhart, or Young. Also, is Martz pretty good at picking the right plays?

Chuck Rogers has always been my favorite since he was at MSU, and drafted by the Lions. After lookin at him, it looks like alot of work just to make him a 3rd receiver. Just glad theirs no substance abuse bans in the game lol.. I've been playin The Show on PSP and OOTP 6.5 like mad... So far I like this game and will be a good change of pace so I dont get burnt out from Baseball...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Anyone Lions (Franchise)??

I'm playing with the Lions as well. I interviewed with the Cards but took the Lions job because their Coordinators were better. Martz is okay I guess. I've been wondering why I've not had success with the passing game. We went 3-1 in preseason but the passing game was anything but good in all of them.

Anywho, I think I picked up Philip Rivers in FA signing and I either got Chris Brown through FA or a trade...don't remember. I also picked up Raynoch Thompson.

1st Draft:
QB - Reggie McNeal
MLB - Kai Parham
FB - David Kirtman
FS - Nate Salley
LOLB - Clint Ingram

I picked up Rookie WR, Ben Obomanu in FA to return kicks for me to keep McQuarters from getting injured. I made some mistakes along the way but I didn't want to start over. I'll learn from them and have a better offseason and the end of year one as coach of the Detroit Lions.
Old 06-24-2006, 01:43 PM   #3
Rookie

mierk's Arena

OVR: 4

First move...DEFINITELY draft a WR.
Old 06-24-2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I started the lions franchise. My main moves in free agency were SS Lawyer Malloy and LE Michael Strahan. I drafted

HB Reggie Bush (who fell)
QB Reggie McNeal
ROLB Kamerian Wimbley
MLB Spencer Havner
TE Leonard Pope
WR Greg Lee
SS Eric Smith (MSU Fan)

I decided to go with a defensive minded coach, and I traded away Joey Harrington. Unfortunately there were not any good QB's in free agency so I have Reggie McNeal as my starter, Rohan Davies and Shaun King for back-ups so it will probably be a long year. Reggie bush is great though, if he falls you can't not take him.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:08 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

McNeal seems like a popular pick...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I suck at coaching up QBs. My guys have been playing like garbage all preseason long but we still went 3-1. In the first game of the regular season, I'm getting trounced by SEA 31-14. I know they're the defending NFC Champs but I thought we were better than this. Well, back to mull over what to do to coach these clowns up because I can't take their subpar play anymore. I'd give McNeal the edge over Rivers because, although he's not as aware (Rivers is only a 69), he can run with the ball when in trouble.

Plus, I think Mike Martz hates me.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:19 PM   #7
Rookie

Beukeboom_23's Arena

OVR: 3

I chose the Lions as well.

Signed Cato June away from the Colts during RFA and gave up my #1 pick (worth it if you ask me).

Signed UFAs: Maurice Morris (RB), Patrick Hape (TE), Kliff Kingsbury (QB)

Drafted: Ko Simpson (FS), David Kirtman (FB), maurice Drew (RB), Kai Parham (MLB), Marquis Hagans (QB), couple others I don't remember.

Going Singleback philosophy offense, 4-3 defense. Lacked D-line depth so I moved Teddy Lehman to Left End because Cato June took his starting spot. Lehman had an sack and an interception in the first half of my 1st preseason game before the game froze up on me.
Old 06-24-2006, 03:21 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I too am playing as the Lions but haven't made it to the draft yet. My FA pool sucks. The best available is Verba (who the lions got in real life). I am going to try to get Cutler maybe (just to satisfy the owner) and try to trade Harrington. It does suck that Chuck Rogers ratings seem to keep going down more and more each year. If he gets his act together, I believe he can still be a top-tier receiver (in REAL life).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »