Home

Trades: Is there a way to send teams emails showing interest?

This is a discussion on Trades: Is there a way to send teams emails showing interest? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2006, 01:42 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
Trades: Is there a way to send teams emails showing interest?

I've received a few emails from other teams saying "We are interested in so and so, and have so and so to offer. Get back to me, etc." When I go to trade with that team, the deal is then able to be opened and modifed or proposed.

Is there any way to do this from the user's end? IE, I let the Dolphins know I am interested in Ricky Williams, and am prepared to offer Boldin, and they should contact me if interested?

It doesn't seem the game has a trade block, so it is tough to judge which players on various teams are available, and which are a waste pursuing.

I like that the other teams send emails with players they are willing to trade, but it would be neat if it went the other way as well.. The user sending out an email and allowing the CPU to initiate contact.

I don't think it's possible this year, unless I am missing something?

Also, am I correct in assuming there is no trading block in the game?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 01:46 PM   #2
Sexiest Woman Alive!

Peji911's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Trades: Is there a way to send teams emails showing interest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I've received a few emails from other teams saying "We are interested in so and so, and have so and so to offer. Get back to me, etc." When I go to trade with that team, the deal is then able to be opened and modifed or proposed.

Is there any way to do this from the user's end? IE, I let the Dolphins know I am interested in Ricky Williams, and am prepared to offer Boldin, and they should contact me if interested?

It doesn't seem the game has a trade block, so it is tough to judge which players on various teams are available, and which are a waste pursuing.

I like that the other teams send emails with players they are willing to trade, but it would be neat if it went the other way as well.. The user sending out an email and allowing the CPU to initiate contact.

I don't think it's possible this year, unless I am missing something?

Also, am I correct in assuming there is no trading block in the game?

yup... its called a trade offer
Old 06-25-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf03ho
yup... its called a trade offer
I'm familiar with trade offers, but that's not what I am looking for.

Let me re-structure my question.

Is there any way to get an idea of what players teams are interested in trading, asiding from the sporadic emails that are sent once or twice a month?

The game appears to lack a trade block, and aside from randomly offering trades and hoping to luckily "hit" a player that is tradeable, it seems trading might be a bit limited when initiated by the user.

Given the coaching/front office nature of this game, it seems to me players would have various levels of worth to their team, thus making some more desirable to trade, and others being very valuable, and not tradeable, regardless of what's offered.

My question is in regards to whether there is a way of gauging this in game, without randomly offering trades and hoping to catch a guy that a team is not interested in locking up, and thus does not consider "untradeable."
Old 06-25-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

I agree...I find the trade interface frustrating, because there is no trading block and the other GM doesn't offer you a counter offer if they turn down your deal. I understand why they did it (makes it much harder to low ball GM's, since everytime you throw out a silly offer it hurts their "trust" of you), but I still would personally like a little feedback other than "that's a C+ offer" or "we're going to be here all day at this rate".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »