Home

Sign draft picks???

This is a discussion on Sign draft picks??? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Sign draft picks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
It is disappointing that you have to manually swap/assign a task for something as vital and basic as signing draft picks, especially considering that they appear to disappear after a week or so.

I only luckily discovered the ability to swap out tasks, and I am pretty sure there are a large majority of non-forum gamers that may never discover this.

Does that mean they won't be able to sign any draft picks, or is there an alternative means for doing so?
I didn't figure out how to swap tasks until well after the preseaon had started, but I was also able to sign all my draft picks the week after the draft without a problem. There were several sign players tasks already in your calendar right after the draft, if I remember correctly.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton
I didn't figure out how to swap tasks until well after the preseaon had started, but I was also able to sign all my draft picks the week after the draft without a problem. There were several sign players tasks already in your calendar right after the draft, if I remember correctly.
PC version here. No probs signing my draft picks either. I look at that calendar alot especially to see what is down the road. All about the details, scheduling, and organization in this game. With that said, I hope they work on the interface for next year and make it more user-friendly for those that are having trouble doing/finding things. Took me a awhile to get used to using the keyboard, but now it is second nature, even on the field making adjustments.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:44 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Just saved myself about 5 hours worth of dribble. Was getting ready to start a new franchise when I decided to try 1 last thing before scrapping my career...I swapped to sign players and went into free agents and violla....everyone was there, signed Jackson, Maroney, Devin Hester, David Thomas....even signed thug A.J. Nicholson who was undrafted. Thanks for all the responses will not be making that mistake again
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2006, 12:46 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easton
That's good to hear. I imagine people would logically pursue signing their draft picks after the draft, but if there weren't Sign Players tasks listed, and users weren't aware of the ability to Swap Tasks, that could be trouble.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by soxrox
Just saved myself about 5 hours worth of dribble. Was getting ready to start a new franchise when I decided to try 1 last thing before scrapping my career...I swapped to sign players and went into free agents and violla....everyone was there, signed Jackson, Maroney, Devin Hester, David Thomas....even signed thug A.J. Nicholson who was undrafted. Thanks for all the responses will not be making that mistake again
Good deal man. Now pay attention to that calendar from now on. j/k LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »