Home

Old 06-28-2006, 11:46 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Success?

How is everyone's first season going. Anyone undefeated thru several games? Anyone getting whooped? Let's hear about it.

BTW I am 8-0 with a revamped KC team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Success?

I'm 6-2 with the Cowboys through week 9. I'm having trouble getting a consistant running game going, but Jay Cutler is really making progress for me.

My defense is what really wins me games, with turnovers and constant blitzing.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #3
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty123
How is everyone's first season going. Anyone undefeated thru several games? Anyone getting whooped? Let's hear about it.

BTW I am 8-0 with a revamped KC team.
I've used the HC Settings utility to adjust some sliders to my liking and am getting good games. Also playing 6 minute quarters now.

Now 3-1 with the Packers. Just lost to Philadelphia 34-31 on Monday Night Football.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #4
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

I'm 2-1 with the 49'ers. Got V. Young at the helm. He looked good against the Cards and completely destroyed the Rams(Helped by a good run game). Then we ran into Philly and reality set it. Using the HC Settings utility as well playing 6 minutes qtrs. Have not messed with any sliders though. Getting the gamelogs with the HC utility is awesome...
Old 06-28-2006, 12:04 PM   #5
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGmoney
I'm 2-1 with the 49'ers. Got V. Young at the helm. He looked good against the Cards and completely destroyed the Rams(Helped by a good run game). Then we ran into Philly and reality set it. Using the HC Settings utility as well playing 6 minutes qtrs. Have not messed with any sliders though. Getting the gamelogs with the HC utility is awesome...
That little app may have saved the game for me. I didn't mess with too many of the sliders. I lowered INT's, and made some other minor changes. Just had the best game I have had since I got the game.

And yes being able to export the game logs ala Madden PC does rule!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2006, 12:55 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am on xbox so no slider options for me.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:44 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That little app may have saved the game for me. I didn't mess with too many of the sliders. I lowered INT's, and made some other minor changes. Just had the best game I have had since I got the game.

And yes being able to export the game logs ala Madden PC does rule!!
I lowered the INT slider, and I'm seeing way fewer ints as well, which is great. I'm still blowing people out, though. I beat the Redskins 40-6 last night, in Washington. I'm not sure what else, to do, though, because my QB is only hitting receivers he should hit, they're just playing bad defense and making bad adjustments. Either that, or I'm one hell of a coach and call the right play at the right time alot! But, what are the chances of that?

And total agreement on the game logs. Now I don't have to keep an Excel spreadsheet!
Old 06-28-2006, 01:49 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

So, you can get gamelogs now as well? Nice...its all in the same file with the sliders, quarters adjustments etc?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »