Home

NFL Head Coach Wishlist

This is a discussion on NFL Head Coach Wishlist within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2006, 08:27 AM   #1
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14
NFL Head Coach Wishlist

Just listing some things I wouldn't mind seeing in the next edition. This is a real basic list. I have no elaborate explanations for the most part but you should get the general idea.

The Draft

- NFL Combine: Being able to attend for the week (watching different position groups each day)

- Senior Bowl Week: Option to coach one of the teams.

- NCAA Draft Class importability

- Big Board Preparation: Arrange and rank prospects based on team needs and overall talent.

- Rookie Pre-Draft Visits: Private workouts and/or interviews

- Track which prospect other teams apprear interested in

- View Mock Drafts/Projections

- Fan pick (part of new Fan support/trust element mentioned later): See who the fans want you to select.

- Warroom: Entire staff and Owner are present and available for suggestions and input. Celebrate when you get your "guy". Watch the disappointment as your targets are taken off the board. "Call Player" to inform them you'll be selecting them.

The Office

- Deeper NFL.com Setup w/ ability to visit each team's website (like checking each team's local paper in Madden)

- Deeper stat tracking

- Coach/Player Interaction during office hours

- NFL Europe Allocation

- Player Cards: See career stats, awards, bio, attributes, and salary info

- Request To Interview:...coaches currently employed by other teams about openings on your staff.

- View Staff Profiles of Other Teams

- Deeper Play Designer

The Practice Field

- Trust Model and new Dynamic Mental Attributes for Players: More on that here

- Practice Squads

- "Demonstrate" proper technique during drills: Effectiveness depends on your rating at that position.

- Free Roaming: Walk the field. Eaves drop on assistant coaches giving drills.

- Veteran Mentors: Veteran "Leadership" enhances "Learning Ability" of younger players/rookies.

- Rep Distribution may/may not affect "Player Trust": Depends on new intangible attributes.

- Assistants Coach Input in Meetings - "Joe Schmoe displayed some good burst this week. I think his explosiveness has improved", "Smith wants more reps in 1-on-1 wr vs db drills. It's been bothering him" - hints player progress or what coaching decisions need to be made.

Gameday

- Substitution packages based on 1st/2nd 3rd String setup

- "Wave Rotation" Option for the Defensive Line

- "Instruct" Assistant Coaches and Players

- Emotion: Player body language - Frustrated/Dejected/ Excited/Celebratory, etc - hints at how to approach them.

- Defensive Matchups

The Staff

- Strength/Conditioning Coach: Implements Exercise and Diet plans. Informs you which players are in/out of shape. Based on ratings - Improves player speed, strength, and agility. Can help bulk-up/Slim down -players. Runs the off-season conditioning program.

- Trainer Staff: Recovery, Prevention, Duration attributes from Madden's Owner Mode. Design rehab routines.

The Media

- Halftime Interview before entering lockerroom

- Post-game press conference

- Player Comments from Locker room Interviews

- Drama: Bad press surrounding holdouts and other problematic situations (resulting from the new player behavioral attributes) bothers Owner. More pressure on you to get situation resolved.

The Fans

- Fan Influence/Support: Affects draft day decisions, Owner Trust, free agent strategy, Holdout situations, playcalling and other aspects of your career.

- Fan Trust: Affected by players who are "Fan Favorites", Winning, Sound drafting, Key Player Injuries,ect.

That's about it for now. I'm sure theirs tons more. Now back to the game...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NFL Head Coach Wishlist

- Weekly SportsCenter or NFL Live shows on those nice big office TVs
- Outlook style calendar as the default view in the management portion of the game.
- Madden style playcalling (or at least be able to sort plays by formation as well as down/distance)
- Allow me to do more things during Office Hours; really I should be able to do just about anything except practice
- completely revamp the way the menus are navigated; salary cap screen and statistical screens in particular are cumbersome
- sliders
- pregame and halftime shows
- Either tighten up the mouse/kb support in the game or allow PCs to use controllers like the xbox 360 forPC.
- Allow us to implement playcalling strategies or philosophies that will impact how the coordinators call the game. For example, I have a strong running game, my OC keeps calling passing plays.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

- NFL2k5 type Salary System: Uses various contract styles (frontload, backload, balanced, etc. It's) more flexible and allows for restructuring and extensions

- More Competitive Market for Top Tier FA's: See offers from other teams when scouting elite free agents.

- Change In Philospohy Negatives/positively affects player Attributes: same as with changing a player's position.

- Philosophy/ Scheme Compatability %: See how well Rookies, Free Agents, and Current Players on your roster fit into your offensive/defensive schemes. Integrity of this report depends on the Player Eval rating of your Scouting Director.

- Demotion: If fired with a low "Overall League Trust" level, search for jobs as a Coordinator. Rebuild your rep through developing talent, coaching top ranked offensive or defensive units and meeting the Head Coach's goals. Work your back into a head coaching job.

- Weekend Options
Old 06-30-2006, 10:00 AM   #4
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

Progression Graph - Track the yearly, monthly, and weekly progression of the enitre team, offense or defense, a specific unit (Ol, DL, LB's, etc) or individual players. Sort by OVR as well as physical/position specific attributes. Use this to get more productivity from your practice regimen, your coaching technique or to pinpoint weaknesses on the staff.

Watch Gamefilm (A deeper "Gameplan Meeting" and "Scouting Meeting" option with both fused into one) - Meet up with the your staff. Watch your upcoming opponent's game from the previous week (same as watching a cpu/cpu game). Use a DVD Remote Control Interface (same as instant replay) to assess matchup strengths and weaknesses. Get feedback from assisstants on how to move forward with the week's preparation. Get the gameplan from Coordinators and a Scouting Report from your SD.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:24 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

How about something as simple as a better way to view instant replays, and the ability to save several replays which would in-turn become something like game-film....

I am super annoyed that I cannot watch a replay like I can in madden. Why it doesn't have the same replay system is beyond me. Common EA...you cannot see who made the hit on the QB that caused a pick...how are you supposed to know who is doing what, if plays are working right, if you cannot go back and see what went right or wrong on the play, and who screwed up or did well....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 3

-The ability to take a roster with more than 55 players into training camp. That way, you can cut the roster down as you go just like the real deal.
Old 07-01-2006, 01:00 PM   #7
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

- Ability To Trade Future draft Picks

- Give out the Gameball: After a win, Opt to award the Game Ball to your best performer. Boosts psychological attributes and increases trust.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:29 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit816
-The ability to take a roster with more than 55 players into training camp. That way, you can cut the roster down as you go just like the real deal.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
I was really hoping that would be an option since this game was based more on the coach perspective instead of gameplay like Madden. It doesn't have to be in the 80's like real camps, I would go for 65 then have to make cuts. I hate overplaying my starters in the first 2 preseason games and risk injury. I also would like to have some position battles for 2nd and 3rd string. Go into camp with 4 Qb and have a battle for backup. 12 O lineman and cut it down to 10 or whatever I want, or a battle for the K/P spots.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »