Home

Subbing Preseason?

This is a discussion on Subbing Preseason? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2006, 01:22 AM   #1
Rookie

blkdymnd's Arena

OVR: 3
Subbing Preseason?

Is there a way to do a global substitution to the 2nd or 3rd string like it lets you do in practice when you're doing a preseason game? Or do I have to go through the depth chart and sub that way when I want my backups to get some playing time? thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2006, 09:45 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Subbing Preseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdymnd
Is there a way to do a global substitution to the 2nd or 3rd string like it lets you do in practice when you're doing a preseason game? Or do I have to go through the depth chart and sub that way when I want my backups to get some playing time? thanks
I want to know the same thing. It would suck if you have to do it position by position in pre-season.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:23 AM   #3
Banned

sixthgradetyrant's Arena

OVR: 6

On the same topic, EA dropped the ball regarding preseason games because the CPU keeps its first team in the entire game. For a "sim" game, totally unrealistic.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdymnd
You have to go through the depth chart one by one. My reccomendation for this is when the quarter ends, there is a "quarter break" before the next one starts. That buys you some time to go through your roster then while no action is happening on the field, and make your changes.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:32 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit816
You have to go through the depth chart one by one. My reccomendation for this is when the quarter ends, there is a "quarter break" before the next one starts. That buys you some time to go through your roster then while no action is happening on the field, and make your changes.
What who is starting at the end of the game because that is the depth chart that carries over into the next week and you have to rearrange it before you next game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2006, 02:31 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
What who is starting at the end of the game because that is the depth chart that carries over into the next week and you have to rearrange it before you next game.
No, you don't. If you adjust the depth chart in game, it goes back to your actual depth chart once the game is finished. You have to use office hours to make any depth chart changes that are going to stick.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:00 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gambit816
No, you don't. If you adjust the depth chart in game, it goes back to your actual depth chart once the game is finished. You have to use office hours to make any depth chart changes that are going to stick.
what about the pregame mtg, maybe that is what I am thinking of.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »