Home

NCAA Head Coach anyone?

This is a discussion on NCAA Head Coach anyone? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-01-2006, 06:08 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
NCAA Head Coach anyone?

I just got done with my first day of playing the new game and I find it very addictive and hopefully the fun I had during the management of the roster and draft will carry over to actual game play.

But I couldn't help but think about how well this platform would work for college football, perhaps even better. You start out at recruit signing day 2006, you prepare for the spring practices/spring game, start recruiting players for 2007(this can include initial contact, invites to camps, attending camps to watch PSA's, having other coaches contact, making in home visits, official visits etc.), once fall rolls around not only do you get new freshman but you can also have walk-on tryouts. You go through the evaluation process and get your rosters set all while still managing to recruit players. Freshman need to learn the offense/defense etc.

I could go on and on but you can't help but see the potential this game has as an NCAA title.... I would play it so much more than an NFL version especially because of the lineup turnover and joy of recruiting battles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-01-2006, 08:33 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: NCAA Head Coach anyone?

I'm salivating at the thought of NCAA Head Coach! I sure hope they have that on their minds. We can only hope!
Old 07-01-2006, 06:36 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I'm salivating at the thought of NCAA Head Coach! I sure hope they have that on their minds. We can only hope!
yeah with in season recruiting and player discipline like last years NCAA 06 it would be pretty sweet. EA may see how NFL head coach sells. If there is a chance the game will sell, IT WILL BE MADE!
Old 07-04-2006, 03:26 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamboospine1998
yeah with in season recruiting and player discipline like last years NCAA 06 it would be pretty sweet. EA may see how NFL head coach sells. If there is a chance the game will sell, IT WILL BE MADE!
Actually, the game Front Office Football: The College Years for PC pulls off that aspect of college football really well
Old 07-04-2006, 04:42 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

<< needs to look into buying some PC games since he has a high-powered Dell Latitude that the school gave him
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2006, 09:43 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by necrobeast
Actually, the game Front Office Football: The College Years for PC pulls off that aspect of college football really well
I have heard about it, never played it. Does it have the licensing rights to use team names and stadium names? I know it wouldn't be able to use player names, but do the #s match up?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »