Home

Simmed 4 seasons...Interesting Results

This is a discussion on Simmed 4 seasons...Interesting Results within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2006, 12:41 PM   #9
Rookie

kickingguru's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Simmed 4 seasons...Interesting Results

EA's initial launch of this most likely had a quandry.... How hard do we make it?

Make it hard, and very few people would be able achieve "Coaching Greatness" and most likely quit playing the game after 30 or so hours of beating their heads into the wall.

They chose the easy route. Unless one is galactically stupid, you will likely end up as the "Greatest Coach" of all time if you play the game out. This plays into the theory that there is theoretical depth in this game which is simply masking the games techincal shallowness when it really boils down to its nuts and bolts. The game is a great time killer (of whcich I have lots due to traveling with my job.), but not a great strategy based game. Individual decisions have little impact either way unless you intentionally choose options that you know would be the wrong thing to do.

This is theory in my mind, but one that is becoming reality the more I play this game.....

Late,

The Guru
Old 07-06-2006, 05:00 PM   #10
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Simmmed another season; plus changed teams.

2007 - Final Record (11-5); Super Bowl Champions (defeated the Vikings again); Coach of the Year

Took a job with the Saints. They were the lowest performing team of the 3 offers. Plus, the Year 1 goals were the same as my last two contracts. I'm going to bet that I make the playoffs...lose in the first round...then win a couple of Super Bowls and Coach of the Year honors.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Why are you spending so much time simming just to show the game is too easy. For most of us by the time we play 2 or 3 seasons we will have gotten our moneys worth regardless of whether it is too easy. I have heard people on here that are not doing well. Also the same is true with madden. you can easily pick a medium team like you did and sim several seasons and do well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 06:49 AM   #12
lav
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty123
Why are you spending so much time simming just to show the game is too easy. For most of us by the time we play 2 or 3 seasons we will have gotten our moneys worth regardless of whether it is too easy. I have heard people on here that are not doing well. Also the same is true with madden. you can easily pick a medium team like you did and sim several seasons and do well.
Simming to see if it was too easy wasn't my first intentions. After losing all of my work to that stinkin' bug where I'm coaching a different team and all of the scores are 0-0, I began simming to see if that was going to happen again. I enjoy this game. I've recently encouraged others on this board to buy it. But, I wasn't ready to jump back into a career, put all the time in, and lose my data again. So, I did this instead.

Then I was just curious to see what the results would be and if there would be any noticable patterns in the sim engine, that's all. The purpose of this thread wasn't to bash the game and it's difficulty. But, I see how you'd think that, because I did get to the point where that's all I was talking about.

I was looking at this as an experiment. My undergrad degree is in science and I tend to turn everything into an experiment or data collecting activity. I'm going to continue to do this to see if any patterns are evident.

That's my bad that my tone seemed to become a negative one toward the game.

Now, more results:

2008 - Final Record (8-8) Missed the playoffs; But I did meet my goal of winning 8 games.

2009 - Won my division; Super Bowl Champions; Coach of the Year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »