Home

If the game is too easy what is the point of playing it?

This is a discussion on If the game is too easy what is the point of playing it? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #9
MVP

Rickster101's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: If the game is too easy what is the point of playing it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrams
bk... when this game first came out.. and I read the post in this section... mainly the qtr mins (5), gave me reason for pause... but then a (MOD) came out (the same day) with fix... but, 2days ago I asked in the (success) thread if there was a difficulty level for the console.. and got no reply... is there a reason other than (mod) control/price that you perfer PC games...??

PS... also for others, does HC have a difficulty level in the console ver.???

I have the console XBOX version and didn't worry about a difficulty level I bought it to "Coach" and "PLAY" my Madden06 for that eye candy, bling bling rush, this game is different and it stands out as a Strategy first game the other stuff is in the "Crib"!

Holla Back ya'll
Rickster101 aka "Jack Bauer"
Old 07-11-2006, 06:37 PM   #10
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Xbox version here - Haven't got the since the game is too easy. I still find the game challenging. Plus, I see challenges in other areas that most gamers probably don't - player development, coach development, maintaining long term success, drafting well, meeting week-to-week goals as well as the owner's goals for the year, etc plus the games themseleves. So this, along with the fact that I enjoy the game, is easily enough motivation for me to keep playing. That's just me though.
Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
IMO, there is no point to playing it.

Its a bad game, a very very bad game.

Come on now.

Seriously, this game isn't perfect and sure I wish they would've included sliders now and adjustable qtr lenght. But the game is far from terrible as you describe it. I think for a 1st effort EA did a solid job overall. I've never played coach mode in any previous football games released. This game got me hooked just in practice mode alone. Just coaching up my guy's to get them to a level of preparation by every sunday can be a challenge within itself.

This is a title that I hope EA continues to build on with future releases because a game like this would help me get though the down time each year until EA releases NCAA and Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 08:15 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Xbox version here - Haven't got the since the game is too easy. I still find the game challenging. Plus, I see challenges in other areas that most gamers probably don't - player development, coach development, maintaining long term success, drafting well, meeting week-to-week goals as well as the owner's goals for the year, etc plus the games themseleves. So this, along with the fact that I enjoy the game, is easily enough motivation for me to keep playing. That's just me though.
I totally agree. I am 2 games into my second season and I have yet to get bored even though I have had great success. In fact I find myself thinking about things like the draft even when I am doing other things. If a person doesnt like the game they shouldnt play it. Simple as that. If it is too easy for you, pick a crappy team. Just because you are successful one season doesnt mean you have beat the game. You have to be successful over many seasons. Remember the goal of the game, "Become the greatest coach of all time" In addition, the easy factor can be said about madden too. Personally, this is my favorite football game, which is good, since madden will probably be like last years (who cares about controlling blockers).
Old 07-12-2006, 02:50 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 3

Game is just way too easy. A chimp could coach a team to a title. It's a shame
Old 07-12-2006, 06:26 AM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I, like Smitty, have enjoyed success but I focus less on the games and more on the prep. During the game, you're either gonna win or lose. It's your job to, during the week's practices, put yourself in a position to win. Player prep has been a thing with me, most notably my QB position. That alone is what keeps me coming back. I had my most challenging game, that wasn't a loss, last night. I beat the Panthers 16-13 to improve to 8-1 in season 2. I'm sorry some of you guys think the game is too easy. I hope Madden, when it's released, gives you ALL the challenge you desire. From now until the end of time, it's me, HC and NCAA "coach mode" walking hand in hand.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:30 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktulu22
Game is just way too easy. A chimp could coach a team to a title. It's a shame

Then dont play it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 11:46 AM   #16
Pro

BubbleFour's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I, like Smitty, have enjoyed success but I focus less on the games and more on the prep. During the game, you're either gonna win or lose. It's your job to, during the week's practices, put yourself in a position to win. Player prep has been a thing with me, most notably my QB position. That alone is what keeps me coming back. I had my most challenging game, that wasn't a loss, last night. I beat the Panthers 16-13 to improve to 8-1 in season 2. I'm sorry some of you guys think the game is too easy. I hope Madden, when it's released, gives you ALL the challenge you desire. From now until the end of time, it's me, HC and NCAA "coach mode" walking hand in hand.
Have you given up on 2k6 hoops ? I missed your postings from the Navy legacy you had started!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »