Home

This IS an impression!

This is a discussion on This IS an impression! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2008, 12:23 AM   #25
Rookie

jballa838's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: This IS an impression!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry_Sellers
got me too

EA Marketing Dept 3
Us: 0
and add me

EA Marketing Department 4
US: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, there are a million NCAA gripes. Too bad 999,990 of them are that we don't have mullets!
I always wondered where the Mullet was in NCAA. You really limit the possibilities of getting a true recruit from Nebraska
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2008, 11:05 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, I've put together a good team. And my QB has served me well.
What team are you using? A big question is how many years did it take to win the SB and have you won more than one?

It might be asking for a lot, and since you aren't on the HC team you might not be able to tell anyways so perhaps Josh or someone can help out. But I'd be curious to see some results from a few seasons of someone's career. Not necessarily player stats, but at least what teams are making the playoffs and winning the SB throughout the years.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #27
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
What team are you using? A big question is how many years did it take to win the SB and have you won more than one?

It might be asking for a lot, and since you aren't on the HC team you might not be able to tell anyways so perhaps Josh or someone can help out. But I'd be curious to see some results from a few seasons of someone's career. Not necessarily player stats, but at least what teams are making the playoffs and winning the SB throughout the years.
I'd say we tuned it to border on ultra-realism. The best teams (Colts, Patriots, Cowboys) usually win a lot of games unless they have a serious injury or lose players in free agency. The worst teams will take a bit to get better (like the Dolphins). You can make the Dolphins better quickly by signing tons of free agents but you'll need to teach them the playbook and you'll be in salary cap trouble soon. We'd tried to tune it so that it was a challenge all around.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:05 PM   #28
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I'm playing as Tampa and I redid the draft. It took me about 4 years to make the Super Bowl and 6 or 7 to actually win it.

And I have won more than one. Briam Bohm just retired on me yesterday, so it is time to rebuild!
Old 07-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #29
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
I'd say we tuned it to border on ultra-realism. The best teams (Colts, Patriots, Cowboys) usually win a lot of games unless they have a serious injury or lose players in free agency. The worst teams will take a bit to get better (like the Dolphins). You can make the Dolphins better quickly by signing tons of free agents but you'll need to teach them the playbook and you'll be in salary cap trouble soon. We'd tried to tune it so that it was a challenge all around.
That's one of the best things about the game is the playbook learning. It really shows how parity in the NFL works and the game simulates it well. If you keep changing the roster every year, you won't do as well as keeping lower rated guys who have been in the system for a while. Resigning your own free agents and keeping guys on your team over the years is HUGE in winning consistently.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #30
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
That's one of the best things about the game is the playbook learning. It really shows how parity in the NFL works and the game simulates it well. If you keep changing the roster every year, you won't do as well as keeping lower rated guys who have been in the system for a while. Resigning your own free agents and keeping guys on your team over the years is HUGE in winning consistently.
That is good to know. I am looking forward to that part of the game. It seems like it would make drafting in rounds 4-7 that much more important, like it is in todays game. Cheep talent that in 2 or 3 years could develop into major parts of a winning formula. Thanks guys! I don't know if this is what EA wants to hear but, it's looking like I'm only going to purchase NCAA 09 and HC 09 this year.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-05-2008, 07:14 AM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'm playing as Tampa and I redid the draft. It took me about 4 years to make the Super Bowl and 6 or 7 to actually win it.

And I have won more than one. Briam Bohm just retired on me yesterday, so it is time to rebuild!
To me, that is very realistic, 6 years to win a SB id say is about right. I am visualizing that I really am going to be a head coach. However, that visualization snaps, the moment I win the SB in a the first year with a final score of 30-0 from prior games.

It should be a struggle if your taking over a Miami. It should also be frustrating, because you should get killed your first year.

I think the largest challenge just like the NFL will be a Threepeat! Free Agency, cap issues etc.

OMT, any interesting injury nightmares you have gotten into?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2008, 12:25 PM   #32
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesimulator
To me, that is very realistic, 6 years to win a SB id say is about right. I am visualizing that I really am going to be a head coach. However, that visualization snaps, the moment I win the SB in a the first year with a final score of 30-0 from prior games.

It should be a struggle if your taking over a Miami. It should also be frustrating, because you should get killed your first year.

I think the largest challenge just like the NFL will be a Threepeat! Free Agency, cap issues etc.

OMT, any interesting injury nightmares you have gotten into?
I lost Arron Spears for three weeks when he hurt his ankle.... by tripping over his dog! There are freak off the field injuries sometimes, it is pretty cool.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »