Home

This could be the best football game ever

This is a discussion on This could be the best football game ever within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-11-2008, 10:33 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
This could be the best football game ever

The development crew has alrready won me over with their innovation, and I have not been this excited for a football game since 2K5. This will cater to us adults who wish we were GM's and coachs of our favorite NFL team. Thinngs that really impress me with the vids are how quickly Adam Shefter pops up to announce something and how you can easily change camera angles durning the game. This game will be great now, I think.
but it also has so much potential for the future that one day they may need to ship Madden with NFL Head Coach, well maybe not but this will eb a far better game than Madden if not this year the near future because I think these guys understand they need to please us the buyer not just stick to the status quo like Madden does.

Kudos to the developers and if I had the choice on August 12th I would be grabbing this and not Madden but since EA wants extra money I guess I will be shelling out $90 and throwing Madden on EBAY.

To the developers always remember, the DRAFT, the draft is the coolest week-end for the NFL and the people this game caters to watch every minute of it. So make the draft as fun, exciting, and fresh as possible. You may have already done that but things like press conferences, ESPN or NFL Network draft coverage, Path to the Draft prior to the draft, the top prospects at the draft get to go to wear the hat and grab the jersey, ect. NFL 2K5 was on to something and I'm not sure why Madden refused to follow but it appears you guys have. Maybe even a Draft Party for your team where the fans via satelite cheer or boo your top pick, and then you tell them to calm down we got the guy we wanted LOL

Anyway,
THANK YOU!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 02:13 AM   #2
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: This could be the best football game ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97

Kudos to the developers and if I had the choice on August 12th I would be grabbing this and not Madden but since EA wants extra money I guess I will be shelling out $90 and throwing Madden on EBAY!

FYI: You don't have to buy the 'collectors edition' to get NFL HeadCoach. If you're willing to wait another month you can buy HeadCoach by itself in September.

Good post by the way
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
Pro

Step2001's Arena

I think that's bull! Head Coach should be pulled off of being any part of MAdden's release!

We'll wait a month!

Trust me! Madden will come up short and people will want a football game that has something new & fresh to offer!

In steps NFL Head Coach 09!

The time and effort the developers have put into this game is fantastic. I want them to get their just do & not have their work be a throw in for Madden. Then have the Madden ballers throw H.C. on ebay! Disrespect!

Don't knock it until you REALLY try it! You'll be amazed how much more you get into the game. No more running the play that always works based on your stick skills.

I'll call this a "I purchased Madden next gen the last two years & been without a great football title to play" rant!
Old 06-12-2008, 01:23 PM   #4
Pro

I would prefer to buy HC alone, but no way I want to wait until September. If Madden is that bad I'll sell it on eBay and as long as I get $40 for it I am breaking even on the cost of HC.

I would imagine that HC will be getting some sort of credit for the sales of the CE. That and with XBL and PSN, although not 100% accurate, I'd be surprised if EA couldn't get an idea of how many people played their game by viewing accounts having played the game. Obviously not sales, what with rentals and all, but at least get stats on play time.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:20 PM   #5
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

You will be able to sell the Madden part so easily guys. If you sell it even for 50, you only spent 40 on a brand new xbox/ps3 game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-12-2008, 02:45 PM   #6
Pro

And the price of HC standalone is only 49.99. So you only need 40 for Madden to break even.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #7
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I've gotten excited for both Madden and HC as of late.

I bought NCAA on release day every year since the 2005 version of the game, but I think I'm going to jump off the wagon this time. I like the Madden Reviews (as opposed to the NCAA ones) and Head Coach seems like a great game for when I just want to coach.

So, as of right now, I plan on buying the Special Edition.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:53 PM   #8
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
And the price of HC standalone is only 49.99. So you only need 40 for Madden to break even.
Ah. I didnt know that. Even better. Yeah I guess you cant go wrong withthe 90 dollar package then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »