Home

Amazing Prima Guide

This is a discussion on Amazing Prima Guide within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Amazing Prima Guide

I might pick it up for this game. I normally dont pick up guides unless they are like for MMO's or big RPG type games that are an extension of the manual. Im not a "walk through" type of guy.

You know what keeps me from buying some guides though? Its the pencil necked zit faced dude behind the counter of a gamestop or EB trying to get that "MST" that his district manager is in his azz about. For those that have never worked at one of these (I managed one back when i was about 20) it means Multiple Sku Transaction. They want to push the manual on you at the same time you buy the game cuz the retailer gets a bigger cut of a profit from the manual vs. the game... and there are incentives for the employee in the disctrict or whatever that can push the most. This is why when you tell them no, they keep pushing and give that "youll be sorry you didnt" in so many words response to you in the store. Then of course while they are ringing you up, game online their whole attitude towards you went from "HEY! Thanks for coming to Gamestop BUDDY!!" when you walked in to "let me ring you up as fast as I can so you can get the hell out because im mad at you now".

I guess I just get tired of the pressured sales. I see the manual. Its right there in my face right next to where I swipe my credit card...of course its strategically placed there. I know its there, I know what its for, and ive thumbed through it (unless you shrink wrap it as G14 Classified CIA files are bound between the covers). By the time I have asked you to ring me up I have already decided if I want to buy the thing or not.

Yeah I know im ranting.. sorry but I just went to go get gas today after lunch 4.05/gal (the petrolium kind, not the Chipotle I had) and standing by the ONLY entrance in and out of the gas station are these two dude with a table set up with cans of some kind of SUPER cleaner/wax they want everyone to buy. They actually were going up to peoples cars while they pump gas and are like "excuse me, I know youre busy but I just want to show you something" and the dude starts spraying a little on the side of this woman's car. granted I watched and it worked.. but still... i mean you cannot avoid them. They are going to hit you right at the door coming in or coming out. People like that..I want to punch.

I need a shirt that says "I see it. If I want it I'll let you know"... or "Just shut up and ring me up".

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:10 AM   #10
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
I might pick it up for this game. I normally dont pick up guides unless they are like for MMO's or big RPG type games that are an extension of the manual. Im not a "walk through" type of guy.

You know what keeps me from buying some guides though? Its the pencil necked zit faced dude behind the counter of a gamestop or EB trying to get that "MST" that his district manager is in his azz about. For those that have never worked at one of these (I managed one back when i was about 20) it means Multiple Sku Transaction. They want to push the manual on you at the same time you buy the game cuz the retailer gets a bigger cut of a profit from the manual vs. the game... and there are incentives for the employee in the disctrict or whatever that can push the most. This is why when you tell them no, they keep pushing and give that "youll be sorry you didnt" in so many words response to you in the store. Then of course while they are ringing you up, game online their whole attitude towards you went from "HEY! Thanks for coming to Gamestop BUDDY!!" when you walked in to "let me ring you up as fast as I can so you can get the hell out because im mad at you now".

I guess I just get tired of the pressured sales. I see the manual. Its right there in my face right next to where I swipe my credit card...of course its strategically placed there. I know its there, I know what its for, and ive thumbed through it (unless you shrink wrap it as G14 Classified CIA files are bound between the covers). By the time I have asked you to ring me up I have already decided if I want to buy the thing or not.

Yeah I know im ranting.. sorry but I just went to go get gas today after lunch 4.05/gal (the petrolium kind, not the Chipotle I had) and standing by the ONLY entrance in and out of the gas station are these two dude with a table set up with cans of some kind of SUPER cleaner/wax they want everyone to buy. They actually were going up to peoples cars while they pump gas and are like "excuse me, I know youre busy but I just want to show you something" and the dude starts spraying a little on the side of this woman's car. granted I watched and it worked.. but still... i mean you cannot avoid them. They are going to hit you right at the door coming in or coming out. People like that..I want to punch.

I need a shirt that says "I see it. If I want it I'll let you know"... or "Just shut up and ring me up".
Thankfully, the folks at my local EB are cool enough to leave you alone. They'll let you know a guide is available, but aren't a-holes about it.

Also, mmmmm...Chipotle.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #11
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

I wonder if the guide gives you the heads up on the best players in each draft. I heard they were predetermined sets but I dont know if players are set in stone in their value .

The worst is best buy when you go they try to sell you geek squad services, protection plans and magazine subscriptions all at once when all you came in for was a battery.

Last edited by Matt Diesel; 07-16-2008 at 04:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2008, 04:48 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mddst34
I wonder if the guide gives you the heads up on the best players in each draft. I heard they were predetermined sets but I dont know if players are set in stone in their value .

The worst is best buy when you go they try to sell you geek squad services, protection plans and magazine subscriptions all at once when all you came in for was a battery.

Actually, they have this really cool section called the "Future 50", which is a list of 50 of the top drafft class superstars you might see throughout your various careers.

The way the Prima guys presented the Future 50 is very cool, I really wish they would let us show you a sample...I'll look into it.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

Hmmm, the guide sounds pretty cool. A sample would be great!
Old 07-20-2008, 08:24 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 12

I think using a strategy guide takes away from the experience in a game such as this.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 9

Any word on when this will be available? The sites say it comes out in September, but pretty much everyone here will have the game with the Madden CE August 12th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2008, 05:15 PM   #16
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Any word on when this will be available? The sites say it comes out in September, but pretty much everyone here will have the game with the Madden CE August 12th.
We're hearing August but that could change. We're trying to work with the Prima guys to give you a sneak peek at what some of the pages look like.

Stay tuned.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »