Home

New Full Game featuring Giants vs. Cowboys as promised!

This is a discussion on New Full Game featuring Giants vs. Cowboys as promised! within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:03 AM   #9
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: New Full Game featuring Giants vs. Cowboys as promised!

Man that was a great game to watch , thanks for the vid guys. Here are a few things that jumped out at me that I didn't really notice in the first game video:

-On the opening kick-off I liked how the returner slipped and went down (due to the rain). I was under the impression that weather didn't effect the gameplay, so it was nice to see that happen.

-The running back A.I. looks pretty good. I like how they sniffed out the openings in the line before bursting through. My only gripe is that the running lanes don't seem to open up often enough. I'm probably going to play with the sliders to try to open-up the run game a little more.

-I am so happy that this game doesn't suffer from the CPU "quick-snap" problem that is present in NCAA and Madden.

-Hopefully next year the sidelines will look as good in real-time as they do in the cutscenes (they look superb during cutscenes and bland during actual play).

-Dallas' 3-4 defense was really effective against the run. Now I'm thinking about gathering the personel to run that defense myself.

-I like how the QB's made every effort to throw to their playmakers; Shockey was on fire and T.O. looked impossible to cover one-on-one.

-Something that should be under consideration for a patch would be the "real-time" drive summaries that appear between plays. They always seem to be about two-plays behind on what's actually happening.

-I really like the 'Defining Moment' feature; you guys did a good job giving it a dramatic feel and I saw how much they really effect your 'approval rating'.

-I could "feel" the intensity of the game pick-up in the 4th qtr. It also seemed like the running lanes were more open as well. Is that a result of progressive fatigue? If so, nice!

Thanks again for the video, if you guys are planning on squeezing-in another video before release, I'd be happy to see any of the off-the-field stuff.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:12 AM   #10
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Man that was a great game to watch , thanks for the vid guys. Here are a few things that jumped out at me that I didn't really notice in the first game video:

-On the opening kick-off I liked how the returner slipped and went down (due to the rain). I was under the impression that weather didn't effect the gameplay, so it was nice to see that happen.

-The running back A.I. looks pretty good. I like how they sniffed out the openings in the line before bursting through. My only gripe is that the running lanes don't seem to open up often enough. I'm probably going to play with the sliders to try to open-up the run game a little more.

-I am so happy that this game doesn't suffer from the CPU "quick-snap" problem that is present in NCAA and Madden.

-Hopefully next year the sidelines will look as good in real-time as they do in the cutscenes (they look superb during cutscenes and bland during actual play).

-Dallas' 3-4 defense was really effective against the run. Now I'm thinking about gathering the personel to run that defense myself.

-I like how the QB's made every effort to throw to their playmakers; Shockey was on fire and T.O. looked impossible to cover one-on-one.

-Something that should be under consideration for a patch would be the "real-time" drive summaries that appear between plays. They always seem to be about two-plays behind on what's actually happening.

-I really like the 'Defining Moment' feature; you guys did a good job giving it a dramatic feel and I saw how much they really effect your 'approval rating'.

-I could "feel" the intensity of the game pick-up in the 4th qtr. It also seemed like the running lanes were more open as well. Is that a result of progressive fatigue? If so, nice!

Thanks again for the video, if you guys are planning on squeezing-in another video before release, I'd be happy to see any of the off-the-field stuff.
I've got to agree with DLaren, here. The game looks fantastic. The stats are realistic, the game plays out in a logical manner, and everyone seems to play to their ability.

The only negative I could see is the scroll across the bottom of the screen. It's usually behind, and occasionally it's incorrect. In the 1st quarter, I think I saw the scroll state that Uminyiora ran for 5 yards. I could be wrong, though.

If there's a third video, I'd love to see the scouting aspect of the game. We've seen clips of the draft, we've seen clips of free agency, we've seen entire games. The only thing I can think of that's missing is the scouting. I'd love to see the all-star games, the combine, the pro-day workouts, the individual workouts, all of it.

Devs - great work. I'm sure that sounds quite condescending, like when a sports announcer states that an athlete 'really showed me something today.' I just don't know how else to say it. It's not often that a team is able to design the game that the community has been asking for. This truly looks like the game for which I've been waiting many years.
Old 07-18-2008, 03:37 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
Icon1 Re: New Full Game featuring Giants vs. Cowboys as promised!

Thanks for posting the game. Overall, fun to watch. Would like to have seen Romo's mobility, nonexistent it seemed. Shockey's 16 catches is a little much as the defense could not counter it. Is just one game though. This will be a lot of fun to play. Again, thanks for the video.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2008, 08:26 AM   #12
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGamer
Thanks for posting the game. Overall, fun to watch. Would like to have seen Romo's mobility, nonexistent it seemed. Shockey's 16 catches is a little much as the defense could not counter it. Is just one game though. This will be a lot of fun to play. Again, thanks for the video.
I'm glad you pointed this out because that's my biggest concern for this game. Not to say I'd expect it with Romo too much but will mobile QB's use their mobility if they feel the rush?
Old 07-18-2008, 10:12 AM   #13
Sitting by the door

Dice's Arena

OVR: 21

Another thing that I noticed was the lack of carries of the backup RB's. I know through the course of a real NFL game, the RB's need to come out for a play or two. I didn't see that at all in the video.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:07 PM   #14
Pro

agte's Arena

OVR: 11

after watching just some of this video and most of the MIA/NE game, it's REALLY making me consider breaking down and getting a PS3 so I can play it....looks like a real blast to play!
Old 07-19-2008, 10:09 PM   #15
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

This game can't get here fast enough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2008, 03:32 PM   #16
Rookie

newper77's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
This game can't get here fast enough.
Especially after the disappointment that NCAA has been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »