Home

What Kind of Formations Will You Create?

This is a discussion on What Kind of Formations Will You Create? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #25
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: What Kind of Formations Will You Create?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krc1130
This is the offense my high school runs

....WR...............TETGCGT...................... ......
..............................QB....WB............ ...........
...........................HB..................... ............
...............................FB................. ..............

The tight end obviously changes for strong side. WB lines up on opposite side of where TE is HB on the same side and the FB(Who is usually a smaller more athletic FB, think of a HB. And on some passing plays the WB leaves so a WR can line up.
I highly doubt that's what your high school runs, considering the TE isn't eligible and T is in that formation. If you flip the WR to the right side, then it's fine and everyone is eligible.

I've noticed that in some other formations people have been posting as well. You've got to keep an eye on who is eligible and who isn't.

Last edited by bgeno; 07-31-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2008, 08:58 AM   #26
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmerilLIVE
So it's just a wishbone with split-out TE's? Getting to the outside would be easiest with a FB fake toss with one HB leading for the other, I.E. pitch to left HB for right sweep, pitch to right HB for left sweep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmerilLIVE
Personally I will create a flexbone playbook, I also hope that it is flexible enough to allow you to create the single wind and double wing, for a little old school action.
This makes me wonder whether you'll be able to fake to one back and give to another. Also, it makes me wonder whether you'll be able to hand off to any player... ie, the wing back in the flex bone. In past Maddens with play creator, you could not hand off or pitch to a player who wasn't basically directly behind the QB (I, single-back, split backs).
Old 07-31-2008, 03:36 PM   #27
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by therockstar2005
The basic differences is that I'm gonna use 3 d-linemen and 3 LB, while having the SS roaming around to help on the run. I wasn't previously aware that this defense basically exists, 3-3-5, but I'm just putting a SS in the middle as the key player on the defense. I think that part of the concern with runs on your side is that the LBs won't be able to plug the holes as well as two bigger DEs will be. Of course, you could just have converted DEs as your OLBs.

................................SS................ ..............
..........FS...................................... .FS..........
.................................LB............... ...............
......................LB...................LB..... ..............
........CB............DE......NT.....DE..........C B........

I don't know if it would be better or worse against the run, because I am concerned about only having 6 in the box guaranteed, so maybe I would put the SS up closer.

I'm tempted to just play it safe and replace my LB's with DE's on the LOS. But man, I really admire the defensive fronts that have a bunch of guys standing at the LOS. Similar to this:

I just love the 'intimidation' factor that comes with a setup like this...I know these types of schemes are usually reserved only for passing-downs. But that's why I added two large-bodies to the LOS and surrounded them with a lot of support.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:27 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

my highschool team ran the wingt. so if they allow us to create it i will cause i still have my playbook and i will recreate it exactly. will we be able to upload our playbooks cause id love to share creations.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:38 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 14

Yeah, I get the intimidation factor. That's kind of what I thought would be cool because the three safeties can basically do anything on the field and mixing up that with blitzes. Of course, you could always do a 1-5-5 defense, so that you could crowd the LBs inside or spread them out as needed. Cool looking, yes. Effective...eh, that's not what counts.

I do like the whole 2-4-5 defense, I liked that as a nickle formation for 3-4 defenses cause you were able to keep all 4 LBs in, but again, it was a nickle defense. If your strong safety was fast, and you kept the 2 FSs closer to the line, it might do better against outside runs, which seem to be the concern.

I'd like to see if you could get the 2-4-5 to work with the Vikings. Turn Allen into a LB, especially with Darren Sharper and the two Williams. It'd probably be a fierce defense.
Old 08-01-2008, 03:58 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Good question. And the answer is blocking.

I've only drawn up six plays for that formation and all of them are running plays. I had WR's in those two spots at first, but I figure having TE's instead of WR's blocking the CB's would increase my chances of getting to the outside.
I think it would be a better bet still to have WR's out there. If you put a TE out on and island and tell him to block a CB in open space, unless your TE is an absolute stud, more times then not the CB can use his quickness to evade the TE especially know that their only real threat is an outside run.
Old 08-03-2008, 11:56 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 23

Not sure yet if I will get Head coach (or even if I can, since I'm in the UK, although most ps3 games are region free), but I am a fan of the wishbone formation. Although to be honest, it's not likely you'll be able to make option plays, and the wishbone is kind of pointless without option plays.

On Defense I like what the Pats did for a couple of plays against teh Dolphins the other year, where they had no lineman, 6 LBs and 5 DBs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 03:36 PM   #32
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryolemon
Not sure yet if I will get Head coach (or even if I can, since I'm in the UK, although most ps3 games are region free), but I am a fan of the wishbone formation. Although to be honest, it's not likely you'll be able to make option plays, and the wishbone is kind of pointless without option plays.

On Defense I like what the Pats did for a couple of plays against teh Dolphins the other year, where they had no lineman, 6 LBs and 5 DBs.
Yes you can use option plays in HeadCoach! Just hire an offensive coordinator who has option plays in his playbook and then modify them as you wish.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »