Home

brett farve ? in this game

This is a discussion on brett farve ? in this game within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #17
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: brett farve ? in this game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Yeah, I just read that, too.

Now I don't know what to do. I hope they make a decision by Monday or Tuesday (when I have to send the update off to testing).

It would look weird if I stuck him on the Packers as the backup QB. But I might have to do that anyway.
You had mentioned that players would sometimes come out of retirement. Is there a way to set it up that 50% of the time, Favre comes out of retirement during training camp, and 50% of the time, you just don't hear about him? No idea if this fits into the game code, but it's one way to handle the situation...
Old 08-03-2008, 05:45 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
You had mentioned that players would sometimes come out of retirement. Is there a way to set it up that 50% of the time, Favre comes out of retirement during training camp, and 50% of the time, you just don't hear about him? No idea if this fits into the game code, but it's one way to handle the situation...
players come out of retirement? that would be a pretty cool feature. i dont remember hearing that anywhere
Old 08-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #19
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

Hey Josh, with all of this drama around Brett Favre coming back, I started to wonder what the situation would be like with us starting in the offseason. Would Favre just retire at the start of the game or is it just kind of random with old players retiring? Obviously you wouldn't have customized Favre's situation but, is there a possibility of a player with a certain personality type doing something like this? Also, is there any sort of interaction with retiring players to persuade them to come back, etc.?

I don't expect that you do(and that's fine with me) as it's kind of an extreme, but I was just curious if it would be possible to bring Favre back for the 2008 season in HC even though in reality Favre were to take the $25 million bribe or whatever other situation.

Sorry if similar questions have already been asked as I haven't read through all of the Q&A threads.

EDIT: And now I see that ahunter says that you mentioned somewhere that players to do come out of retirement, lol.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights

Last edited by firktaf; 08-03-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #20
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by freekyzekie
players come out of retirement? that would be a pretty cool feature. i dont remember hearing that anywhere
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038406181

Josh states that it usually happens within the same year. He also states that retired players can come back as coaches. Very cool.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:20 PM   #21
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahunter5
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2038406181

Josh states that it usually happens within the same year. He also states that retired players can come back as coaches. Very cool.
Yes, players come out of retirement but the first offseason if you choose to start there. Since I can't update the offseason rosters, Favre is NOT in the offseason rosters.

I will add him back in for the preseason roster update.

Question is...do I make him the starter in the new depth charts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2008, 08:32 PM   #22
Buddha

ahunter5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
Yes, players come out of retirement but the first offseason if you choose to start there. Since I can't update the offseason rosters, Favre is NOT in the offseason rosters.

I will add him back in for the preseason roster update.

Question is...do I make him the starter in the new depth charts?
I would say no. The Packers coaches and brass have all stated, quite unequivocally, that Rodgers is the starting QB. McCarthy and Murphy have also said that Favre would only be doing individual workouts in camp. I know reports are suggesting that there will be on open QB competition, but I don't buy it. I'm guessing that is simply to possibly slow Favre from turning the team against Rodgers and the management. The only way Favre sees the field in a Packers jersey is if Rodgers is so abysmal that he makes the Cheeseheads long for the days of Lynn Dickey or if Rodgers breaks. Just my $.02, of course.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:35 PM   #23
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

I say yeah as they are saying through the media that it's an open battle for starting QB, and I mean, is Rodgers going to beat Favre?

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 08-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #24
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

I say yes as well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »