Home

Head Coach Business Model (long)

This is a discussion on Head Coach Business Model (long) within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 10:36 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Head Coach Business Model (long)

I would feel better if Madden just stayed Madden and Head Coach stayed Head Coach.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:55 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtigers
I dont believe someone is going to want to go back 2 years for this game. I believe they have a good game and it was nice how they spent the last couple years making it. I do believe they should put it out every year though because like a lot of people were saying we dont want to lose the developers making it right now and you might lose some peoples interest in buying it. I believe they have the ability to put a good game together in under a year.
Yeah I know what you mean. I think the years between GTA: San Andreas and GTAIV is what really resulted in the fourth game's poor sales. I mean, we all know that the average consumer has the intelligence of a goldfish and if you pull HC09 out from in front of him for a few years and he'll forget it ever existed....

That was sarcasm, by the way. Come on people. Madden is one of the ONLY game series that cranks out a game every year and people don't "forget" about the others. And as you've seen with Donny Moore, there's going to be turnover in the development team. Josh Looman is not going to spend the next forty years of his life making Head Coach games.

Can you imagine EA just made another release 12 months after the first head coach? The years off allowed them to really make a good crack at the game and with more time, I think they could do even more. Maybe everyone is comfortable with simple incremental improvement. And that's fine. But I'd like to see strides made toward making this the best series it could possibly be.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:58 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

I agree with you about having the best availible out there but like you said best the average consumer isnt that smart and if you pull away the game it wont fair to well.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »