Home

The Viability of the NFL Head Coach Series

This is a discussion on The Viability of the NFL Head Coach Series within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: The Viability of the NFL Head Coach Series

If I recall, part of the EA-NFL exclusivity deal required that EA release a certain number of different NFL games, so I think it will probably be back as long as it doesn't lose a LOT of money.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddlex
So the simulator are you secretly implying EA is akin to the mafia?? And Slim I agree with your assertion that most costs are incurred in year 1. Now we have to assist Josh in figuring out ways to add defensive audibles and we are set for damn near forever.
LOL that did sound bad when I read it. I meant lock him up in a contract.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:40 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've gotta believe that the type of people who would and do like a game like Head Coach can be described as people who like a game like Sim City/Sim Life. Those that like to build, progress and have a hand in EVERYTHING. I'd say that your Madden heads are those that would prefer a nice game of GTA.

With that said, I'd like to point out that Sim Life/Sim City are hugely popular games (Especially Sim Life). The trick is putting out a polished product that will let your average joe to your hardened veteran have fun with. I think HC 09 fits the bill. Only time will tell how successful it will be.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:58 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by casvdry
I've gotta believe that the type of people who would and do like a game like Head Coach can be described as people who like a game like Sim City/Sim Life. Those that like to build, progress and have a hand in EVERYTHING. I'd say that your Madden heads are those that would prefer a nice game of GTA.
I think this is very accurate. I have been a gamer now for 25 years (longer if you consider my youth playing stratomatic) and I believe their is a market for games like this, but it needs to be marketed to the right people. People that play FOF or OOTP will be interested in head coach if it is done right.

Don't forget a game like Front Page Sports Football that had a huge following that last years after it died (in fact there are still some leagues alive today)

I have owned every version of Madden ever made back to the original in the Apple II days. Most don't remember but back then Madden was a coach only game and only added the ability to control players later when Brian Brohm was probably in kindergarden.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

I love deep multi-faceted games, MMO's fit this bill pretty well and so does HC 09. I played WoW for about 2-3 years and that is one game that has so much replayabilty, but more because of it's social and player community rather than the amazing gameplay, but the gameplay was definately well above average for most other games of it's kind, and there was tons of stuff you could delve into.

I just love the idea of head coach beacause there is so much meta-game to it, the draft game, the play-making game, the progression, all of that is so awesome. Another great example of those kinds of games is Oblivion, so many different ways to play it. And to finally have a game that is so deep, that incorporates one of mine, and so many other's favorite sports just is amazing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 01:19 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ablueduck
I love deep multi-faceted games, MMO's fit this bill pretty well and so does HC 09. I played WoW for about 2-3 years and that is one game that has so much replayabilty, but more because of it's social and player community rather than the amazing gameplay, but the gameplay was definately well above average for most other games of it's kind, and there was tons of stuff you could delve into.

I just love the idea of head coach beacause there is so much meta-game to it, the draft game, the play-making game, the progression, all of that is so awesome. Another great example of those kinds of games is Oblivion, so many different ways to play it. And to finally have a game that is so deep, that incorporates one of mine, and so many other's favorite sports just is amazing.
Heh, I was a WoW player too :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »