Home

Will this game be too easy?

This is a discussion on Will this game be too easy? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:27 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Will this game be too easy?

First, the game looks awesome and I simply cannot wait to play it.

That said, my main concern is whether the game will become too easy with the ability to create plays, and particularly with the ability to edit them on-the-fly during games.

I apologize if this topic has been covered before, but what dynamic AI will the CPU possess that will combat the user's ability to scheme around the out-of-the-box capabilities the CPU will have?

If this has been asked and answered, please just let me know where. Thanks much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 03:49 PM   #2
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Will this game be too easy?

I'm sure one of the devs can give you a much more technical answer...But from my end, this game isn't at all easy (I'm using the Raiders, maybe someone using the Cowboys will feel differently). I haven't won a game yet and the only plays I've been calling are my own edited/created plays.

On offense I would edit certain routes and change the QB's progression in an attempt to exploit a match-up or what looked like a soft spot in a zone. But after that it's up to the players to actually execute the play correctly. Sometimes everything would go as planned and other times my QB would make the wrong read, a linemen would miss a block, the D would make a play I didn't think they would make, ect...

No matter how good the play design, there's just so much that can go wrong on any given play that nothing feels like money...Atleast that's been my experience so far...
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:55 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Start with Miami and let me know how that works out for you....haha.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:08 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I'm sure one of the devs can give you a much more technical answer...But from my end, this game isn't at all easy (I'm using the Raiders, maybe someone using the Cowboys will feel differently). I haven't won a game yet and the only plays I've been calling are my own edited/created plays.

On offense I would edit certain routes and change the QB's progression in an attempt to exploit a match-up or what looked like a soft spot in a zone. But after that it's up to the players to actually execute the play correctly. Sometimes everything would go as planned and other times my QB would make the wrong read, a linemen would miss a block, the D would make a play I didn't think they would make, ect...

No matter how good the play design, there's just so much that can go wrong on any given play that nothing feels like money...Atleast that's been my experience so far...
This is awesome and much appreciated. Thank you!

I can't wait for this game. It's been a long time since a game has come along that brought with it this sense of novelty.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

It interesting because this morning I was wondering if the developers did something under the hood to give the User some kind of hidden boost to allow them to have more success. If not, it should be likely that if you start with a team that is down you may never sniff the Super Bowl, or maybe even the playoffs during the entire time frame of your Franchise.

I hope they didn't take it easy on the User. That way in this game, where you can't cheese your way to wins(hopefully) getting one of the struggling teams all the way to the top should be quite difficult, and a very rewarding experience.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2008, 04:29 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know I read that the developers had someone play as Miami and after 3 season I believe he got to 9-7 and made the playoffs. They were talking about the game is very realistic and there is no easy ways to win. This is a game where if you want a challange you got on. Im happy they did that too because winning every game and the Superbowl every year is boring. The guy who got Miami to the playoffs I remember said it felt very rewarding because he knew he had earned it. I know I cant wait for the challange. Im happy a game is actually made where you cant just win every game and there is that challange.
Old 08-08-2008, 04:33 PM   #7
MVP

swaldo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren

I think we need an impressions thread...
Old 08-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #8
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaldo
I think we need an impressions thread...
I pm'd a mod and never recieved an answer, maybe if a few more people request it they'll open one up for us.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »