Home

***Official Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Impressions Thread*** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 06:43 PM   #73
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: ***Official Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by firktaf
I'm just speculating here but, perhaps it has something to do with games that you actually play/coach and can't be reproduced through simming. I know for Bill that it was people injured while he was playing and then didn't get healed after simming but all the injuries from when he simmed did heal.
Again, this isn't like Madden where injuries are handled on a weekly basis. In this game injuries are handled on a daily basis, so I am not sure how the game being played or simmed would have anything to do with it.
Old 08-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #74
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Again, this isn't like Madden where injuries are handled on a weekly basis. In this game injuries are handled on a daily basis, so I am not sure how the game being played or simmed would have anything to do with it.
Like I said, I was just speculating based on the information out there. I don't have the game yet so I don't really know. However, if there was a bug in the system of translating injuries from the preseason game you just played to the main UI, then I don't think it would matter if the injuries worked like Madden or not. Once again, I'm just specualting.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 08-10-2008, 07:06 PM   #75
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Like I said, I was just speculating based on the information out there. I don't have the game yet so I don't really know. However, if there was a bug in the system of translating injuries from the preseason game you just played to the main UI, then I don't think it would matter if the injuries worked like Madden or not. Once again, I'm just specualting.
Again, I think you missed the point. The game figures out how much time injury time is left on a daily basis. It's calculating every day before you get in to practice. Plus in my case the player that I intially had a hard time with in injuries was hurt in practice not in the game.

I just don't see how it could be a sim vs. play thing, it really doesn't make sense. I could be wrong obviously but that doesn't make sense from what I have seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 07:19 PM   #76
Rookie

firktaf's Arena

OVR: 7

Right, I understand the issue. For an example of what I'm saying; if there was a bug translating the information, then it could possibly give the injured player an infinite recovery time within the system so that they will never come back but at the same time display the correct countdown day-by-day until it gets down to 1-2 days left and never gets any further. I'm not certain this is it either because it also apparently affects the CPU despite them being in Supersim.

NFL:
Jacksonville Jaguars
MLB:
St. Louis Cardinals
NBA:
Orlando Magic
NCAA: UCF Knights
Old 08-10-2008, 07:32 PM   #77
Gatekeeper

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Right, I understand the issue. For an example of what I'm saying; if there was a bug translating the information, then it could possibly give the injured player an infinite recovery time within the system so that they will never come back but at the same time display the correct countdown day-by-day until it gets down to 1-2 days left and never gets any further. I'm not certain this is it either because it also apparently affects the CPU despite them being in Supersim.
Yeah I really have no clue.

I think it could end up being like the run scoring with 3 outs bug in High Heat a few years back. It takes a very specific set of circumstances to replicate it.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:22 PM   #78
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
Maybe it is a bug I don't know? But I remember reading that poor trainers will misdiagnose injuries and might say 1-2 days when in fact it is much longer.
Unless the trainers' method of treating injuries is applying leeches, it's a bug.
Old 08-10-2008, 08:43 PM   #79
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Give yourself awhile. With the pre stuff, then free agency, then the draft, I was nearing 3 hours and I stopped in the 4th round of the draft.

This game is soooo deep.
I downloaded that Qb rollout pass-play you created and I just ran it in-game for a 20-yard gain...Looks like a keeper.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
I downloaded that Qb rollout pass-play you created and I just ran it in-game for a 20-yard gain...Looks like a keeper.
Wait.....you can upload/download plays?

Can the CPU do that?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »