Home

***Official Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official Impressions Thread*** within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: ***Official Impressions Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It's in the Abner thread.

I ran two tests.

First test I ran as the chargerss. I used Norv Turner and started the sesaon at the beginning of training camp. I had a couple of players injured in the pre-season. They did not seem to be healing in the pre-season. Once I got to the regular season, they did not seem to be healing as they should either. During week 2 I had a couple of other players hurt, at that point my players hurt in the pre-season healed as they should have, and all subsequent injured players seem to heal as they were supposed to. Weird, quirky but not a game killer.

In my second test I started a season as Jacksonville, created coach and started in the off-season. Got to pre-season, had some guys get hurt, they are healed as they were supposed to. So it worked fine.

I don't know the rhyme or reason for all this, that's up to Josh and his guys to figure out, but the sky does not seem to be falling. At least from what I have tested. I would like someone else with the game to test, to make sure I am not missing something.
Was the problem just with the user controlled team, or did it affect the CPU teams as well?
Old 08-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDT
Was the problem just with the user controlled team, or did it affect the CPU teams as well?
It was the same for both. Seemed to affect both, then by the time I got to the regular season it had straightened itself out.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 12

Bk, so it seems we should start our game in the off-season instead of training camp?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #52
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by claystone
Bk, so it seems we should start our game in the off-season instead of training camp?
It seems so, but keep in mind i just ran one test of both. Nothing concrete as of yet.

Also if you want to start your season at the beginning of the training camp, the bug does appear to work itself out pretty quickly, so I think it's pretty safe to start either way.
Old 08-10-2008, 02:51 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
It seems so, but keep in mind i just ran one test of both. Nothing concrete as of yet.

Also if you want to start your season at the beginning of the training camp, the bug does appear to work itself out pretty quickly, so I think it's pretty safe to start either way.

Thanks for the hard work.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:10 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey guys, I've been reading lots of pages from lots of threads and I just had a few questions that I hadn't seen answers for yet. If they have been answered then I obviously overlooked them or missed that page/thread..

First, I'm assuming you start your coach in the year 2008. Let's say you get fired in the year 2012. Is this an "end of game start all over again" type scenario or do you simply just join a different team and drive on?

Second, how is the overall play of the QB's? Do they escape pressure and roll out if need be? Are the interceptions toned down from the previous version of Head Coach?

Third, what type of staff can you hire and fire in this game?

Thanks. I know these have most likely been answered, I just haven't seen the answers yet on the boards.

I'm pretty excited about this game. So excited that I will probably go out Tuesday and pick up the Madden Collectors Edition. I wasn't going to because I'm still rockin Madden 2008 on PC, but I can't wait until September after reading the boards today about Head Coach. It sounds like a really great job from EA and company.
Old 08-10-2008, 03:28 PM   #55
MVP

krulmichael's Arena

OVR: 17

This game sounds amazing. I bought the first one way back on the PS2, but I can't wait to pick this up along with Madden tomorrow at midnight! Thanks for all the impressions guys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2008, 03:48 PM   #56
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
They're solid gold, sorry.

But I checked their alternates and this is what is listed: All Black w/ gold stripe, Black and Gold, All Black.
Thanks DLaren, can't wait to get my hands on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »