Home

Game in Hand?

This is a discussion on Game in Hand? within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2008, 05:11 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Game in Hand?

Hey Niners44 I just got the game from a place called Willies yesterday
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
EA Sports also wants to maintain a strict street date because THEIR stockholders keep an eye on those things.
No.

The whole release date thing, as has already been said, was not started by EA and they don't care at all. AT ALL. THEY DON'T LOSE ANYTHING WHEN YOU GET THE GAME EARLY.

Release dates were started by large retailers for things like movies and music. They started because people on one coast (where the trucks arrived first) were buying large quanties of the product and selling it at a marked up price in areas that the product had not yet arrived. The whole "industrial complex" thing is not as flexible as a guy in a Toyota.

So now they ship everything out and the stores have an agreement to wait til a certain date.

What do you care, anyway? I think there are much more pressing issues here. Like do you really think it's immoral to sell the game early? Did you read that in the Bible or something? Were you a hall monitor during high school? All very interesting questions...
Old 08-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
They aren't worried about mom and pop stores because their volume is so low. If Wal-Mart broke the street date, that would give an unfair advantage to them over Gamestop, Best Buy and others.

EA Sports already made the sale. When it went from EA to the wholesaler or distributor, that all the sales that gets counted. Not how many Wal-Mart sell.
Youre not understanding what I'm saying, but we essentially agree
Old 08-09-2008, 06:13 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
EA Sports also wants to maintain a strict street date because THEIR stockholders keep an eye on those things.
Nonsense.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:14 PM   #29
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

Got mine at a mom and pop shop. And actually I found several shops that had the regular Madden 09 but I wanted the CE and one shop did have it. These shops really appreciate your business too.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:15 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GridironGamer
Will the big retailers like Walmart have CE on the shelves Tuesday??
Walmart said it will have it at midnight on aug 12. They have been advertising it alot.
Old 08-09-2008, 06:16 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't need to read the bible to tell me whether something is right or wrong, and obviously in the grand scheme of things this doesn't matter one little bit.

In fact my entire stance wasn't even that releasing the game early was wrong, In fact I have been looking to find it somewhere.

I simply don't agree with the logic of a hard line release date rule, that is then not followed or enforced.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2008, 06:17 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionMaximus
Walmart said it will have it at midnight on aug 12. They have been advertising it alot.
I thought this was to be game impression thread? Oh and I hate all of you that got the game early...LOL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »