Home

Slider Discussion.

This is a discussion on Slider Discussion. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Slider Discussion.

I just played Arizona as Dallas created coach, and Warner was under pressure from my DL and LB's most of the game. He threw alot of passes into double and triple coverage but I only made 1 pick. My DB's dropped atleast 5 picks that should have been intercepted easily.

That **** is frustrating. Should I bump up the User and CPU INT slider from 50?

Thoughts?
Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM   #74
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejccva
I just played Arizona as Dallas created coach, and Warner was under pressure from my DL and LB's most of the game. He threw alot of passes into double and triple coverage but I only made 1 pick. My DB's dropped atleast 5 picks that should have been intercepted easily.

That **** is frustrating. Should I bump up the User and CPU INT slider from 50?

Thoughts?
It's going to be a part of the game because of the Madden engine.

And just because it's thrown at your defenders doesn't mean it should be an interception. You really want to 6-7 INTs a game. Because there is a lack of WR/DB interaction you are going to get a lot of these.

Finally it's realistic for DBs to drop the ball. When the season starts you'll see all sorts of drops that should have a clear interception.
Old 08-15-2008, 10:19 PM   #75
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

You've gotta kinda consider animation limitations. Some of the "dropped interceptions" are really just batted balls. Doesn't bother me much.

However, some other issues do exist. I'd really like to get a stat tracking project going, try to really tweak this until it's right.

I've noticed this much; coaching makes a huge difference. Example is the 'Niners... poor offensive line coach, okay runningback coach, offensive coordinator not focused on running the ball, great QB coach, great offensive coordinator focused on the passing game... hence, Alex Smith is a pro bowler, Frank Gore is a scrub.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 10:42 PM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 1

Does anyone else find that their sliders don't save from session to session?

I've changed my penalty and gameplay sliders 3 times now...and yes, I've saved the career with those changed sliders.

But whenever I turn off my XBOX, go away, and then come back to start up again, the sliders are all defaulted at 50.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:06 PM   #77

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts79
Does anyone else find that their sliders don't save from session to session?

I've changed my penalty and gameplay sliders 3 times now...and yes, I've saved the career with those changed sliders.

But whenever I turn off my XBOX, go away, and then come back to start up again, the sliders are all defaulted at 50.
Make sure your saving your profile, maybe they are tied to your profile and not the career.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #78

The Chef's Arena

Okay, I played the first half of my last preseason game against the Chargers using the sliders that were posted earlier, my first team offense against the Chargers first team defense, I of course am using the Niners.

San Diego 10
Niners 7

Niners (153 Yards)
Alex Smith 9/14 (64%) 146 Yards 0 TD 2 INT's
Frank Gore 10 Carries 26 Yards

Chargers (160 Yards)
Philip Rivers 9/17 (52%) 127 Yards 1 TD 1 INT
L.T. 10 Carries 33 Yards

As you can see, I finally have a few interceptions without the lack of incomplete passes on top of that. Smith's interceptions thrown were legit, throwing late or behind receivers. Rivers was lucky to not have 2 more, one he threw out to the flat and I had my CB right there but he dropped it, second time he threw into triple coverage and it was nearly picked again. Patrick Willis had the pick for me, Derek Smith and Eric Weddle had the two picks for them. So far Im enjoying these.

EDIT- To add on to this...

I won the game 14-10, San Diego had 334 yards of total offense and I had 309 yards of total offense with the Niners. San Diego ran 60 offensive plays, I ran 43 total plays, so our total plays were low for some reason but the ending stats were fine for the most part, minus the rushing game where San Diego had 31 carries for 83 yards and I had 20 carries for 56 yards. I had 4 turnovers, San Diego had 2, I had 7 penalties for 67 yards, San Diego had 1 penalty for 10 yards. Good game for the most part, hopefully the rushing game gets better over time since Alex Smith can not carry this team. I signed Gary Brackett so he starts in the 3-4 next to Willis and they are a great 1-2 punch, my first game after signing Brackett and he had 8 tackles, 1 Forced Fumble, 1 Fumble Recovery, 3 Big Hits, nice showing for a newbie.

Last edited by The Chef; 08-16-2008 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:10 AM   #79

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
After pulling an all nighter watching games in "coach now" (didnt coach any team) this is wat I got so far for BOTH hum and cpu:

QBA-0
PBK-0
WRC-0
RBA-100
RBK-100

AWR-100
KNK-100
INT-100
BKB-100
TAK-100

FGL-100
FGA-25
PL-100
PA-25
KOF-50

all penalties are 100 except:
facemask- 54
holding-54

im posting these becuz I will like some feed back on them, I only test them in play now mode so every player on the team has plays at LEARNED and I will like to see how they work in career mode...wat I dont like so far is: both QB's pass for 70% and I rarely see any pancakes in the stat colum(Im thinking this is not a slider problem)

running game is realistic so far, pressure on the QB's is there....Im hoping and praying that the QB's comp% will get lowered in career mode becuz guys will miss assignments....Im seeing between 10-20 penalties per game, if u get too many u can place clipping at 54
At this point Im not sure if Im talking to myself or not but here is more feedback on these sliders. There are a few things that are still irritating me, but I dont think they can be fixed with a simple slider fix anyways...

1. In rainy conditions there are way too many fumbles, against Seattle in the rain we had a combined 4-5 fumbles if not more.

2. The RB, no matter how good he is, will not hit the hole for ****. There can be a wide open hole in front of him and instead he will start running the length of the line of scrimmage, gain 1 yard and thats it. Its no wonder the rushing stats always look like **** when nobody will hit the hole at all, even LT didnt hit the hole when I played against the Chargers.

3. Passing game is way too easy, its unbelievably easy apparently since Alex Smith throws for over 300+ per game. On the flipside the rushing is a joke, Gore couldnt get out of his own way but again, Ive seen plays where there is literally such a hole that nobody should touch him and he should take it to the house and instead he turns into a defender and gets tackled. I understand that they might be doing this to keep the rushing stats under control but this is more like ****ty programing then anything else at this point.

4. Audio is a complete joke, imo. I dont want play by play but it would be nice to hear the crowd react during the game. Ive had interceptions returned for TD's to win me a game and the crowd sits there like they couldnt care less, really takes away from the immersion of the game and when you arent playing it you need things like this, imo.

Other then the fact that Im 2-0 with the Niners even though I went 1-3 in preseason, the game has been fun thanks to the challenge of it. Im still not a fan of the "Defining Moments" crap since its completely random and makes little to no sense when it does pop up. I have my defense working well, torched last game by Arizona but held Seattle to 283 yards of total offense, of course 263 of that was in the air but it should be pointed out that both Jones and Morris were out for the game so that didnt help matters.

Any changes or feedback juk34man? Just trying to keep up in case something has been changed. Hopefully you find my feedback worthwhile, if not just let me know.
Old 08-16-2008, 07:55 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

As someone said before, things like the RB not "hitting" the hole are just graphical representations of a text based statistical game engine. It's not like Madden.

However, that doesn't mean there aren't some issues with things, especially the lack of INT's in a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »