Home

Slider Discussion.

This is a discussion on Slider Discussion. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Slider Discussion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiucjpo
Could boosting RB ability fix this?
I haven't tested it yet. Might increase the RBs too much though!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #58
Rookie

Devias's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pills91
First time poster, but, have been lurking for a little while.

I've played through my first pre-season, and, in 4 games, there has only been 1 INT and ZERO pass interference penalties. I have set the PI slider to 100, but, still nothing.

Anyone else having this issue?
NCAA 09's sliders were shipped almost completely broken or in reverse. Some of the sliders had no effect, some had the opposite effect. You can read more about it in the NCAA 09 Forum, but it was very frustrating the first week of the game's release while everyone tried to come up with a solution.

I would not be surprised if HC's sliders have a similar problem. I don't know why EA leaves it up to the players to discover and resolve these issues with the sliders.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:32 PM   #59

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
Interceptions should be dropped. In Madden/NCAA/HC they are poorly represented. I don't have problems with dropped INTs because that's why these guys play defense.
Sure thing, Ive played NCAA and there they had to be dropped, there is no way in hell that they have to be dropped on HC, now through 2.5 games Ive seen a total of 1 interception, and Im talking drop after drop after drop. Good game but the sliders are going to need to be adjusted for certain things and interceptions is one, hell its Alex Smith throwing the ball for me and he has thrown the 1 and only interception. Ive faced the Raiders (Russell) Chicago (Grossman) and Green Bay (Rodgers and Brohm) and have yet to register one measly interception even with Nate Clements dropping picks right and left. I dont want 5 a game, hell, I would settle for one period at this point.

Lastly, if these guys dropped as many sure fire interceptions in real life that they have been in my game then they better pack on the weight and play the defensive line because this is pathetic.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:34 PM   #60
Pro

OVR: 9

I'm in about my 5th game and I've seen one interception (which is in the first game since I bumped both INTs up to 60)

I've also seen about 5 fumbles so far between the two teams Cards/49ers. Gore has 2 of them...but hey that's what he does...
Old 08-15-2008, 07:36 PM   #61

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
After pulling an all nighter watching games in "coach now" (didnt coach any team) this is wat I got so far for BOTH hum and cpu:

QBA-0
PBK-0
WRC-0
RBA-100
RBK-100

AWR-100
KNK-100
INT-100
BKB-100
TAK-100

FGL-100
FGA-25
PL-100
PA-25
KOF-50

all penalties are 100 except:
facemask- 54
holding-54

im posting these becuz I will like some feed back on them, I only test them in play now mode so every player on the team has plays at LEARNED and I will like to see how they work in career mode...wat I dont like so far is: both QB's pass for 70% and I rarely see any pancakes in the stat colum(Im thinking this is not a slider problem)

running game is realistic so far, pressure on the QB's is there....Im hoping and praying that the QB's comp% will get lowered in career mode becuz guys will miss assignments....Im seeing between 10-20 penalties per game, if u get too many u can place clipping at 54
Im at halftime of a preseason game with the Bears but I will input these and see what difference I see and let you know. Thanks for offering these up for testing, much appreciated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2008, 07:44 PM   #62

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I'm in about my 5th game and I've seen one interception (which is in the first game since I bumped both INTs up to 60)

I've also seen about 5 fumbles so far between the two teams Cards/49ers. Gore has 2 of them...but hey that's what he does...
Exactly my point, I had it at 60 as well and saw 1 INT through 2.5 games and that was an out that Smith threw late and Woodsen took it to the house against Green Bay, otherwise its constant drops. I dont want them to be throwing 3-5 picks every single game so I dont mind seeing some drops, but when a QB, for example, goes 16/27 passing and atleast 7-8 of those were dropped picks, its annoying. The stats look fine but I want the CPU to pay at some point for throwing late or throwing behind a receiver or throwing into double coverage and right now I dont see it happening ever.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:53 PM   #63
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Exactly my point, I had it at 60 as well and saw 1 INT through 2.5 games and that was an out that Smith threw late and Woodsen took it to the house against Green Bay, otherwise its constant drops. I dont want them to be throwing 3-5 picks every single game so I dont mind seeing some drops, but when a QB, for example, goes 16/27 passing and atleast 7-8 of those were dropped picks, its annoying. The stats look fine but I want the CPU to pay at some point for throwing late or throwing behind a receiver or throwing into double coverage and right now I dont see it happening ever.
I agree. It does help when you're using Alexa though...damn him and his ability to turn a basic throw into a pick six for the other side (he just threw his 2nd int of the game)
Old 08-15-2008, 07:56 PM   #64

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
I agree. It does help when you're using Alexa though...damn him and his ability to turn a basic throw into a pick six for the other side (he just threw his 2nd int of the game)
And you still have the INT slider at 60? I raised it to 100 and still saw one guy drop a pick but it wasnt an easy one as he was going backwards and trying to jump and snag it at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »