Home

For those starting new coachs...

This is a discussion on For those starting new coachs... within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
For those starting new coachs...

... How are you spending you points. Some of us don't have the guide, and are wondering how people are approaching this aspect. I don't know if I should be only taking maybe one Super and the rest in regular skills, or maybe more supers and less regular skills. Especially since I don't know if the Head Coach really has any of the team "reporting to him". Or does the HC have good QB skills mean that he makes the QB coach better? I am so confused help me out here.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: For those starting new coachs...

It is definately a complicated system, and I don't have the guide either. But from what I've heard, when players are progressing (i.e skill improvements from games, practices, etc.) they "report" to 3 coaches. A QB reports to the QB coach, the OC, and you, the Head Coach. The better the QB skill of your QB coach, OC, and HC, the faster the QB learns. There is also a multiplier at the higher levels of coaching. What this means is that if you (the HC) and your QB coach have the same QB skill, the QB would learn more from you (the HC) because of the multipier.

But don't quote me on that.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:41 PM   #3
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Go with what makes sense to you based on how you plan on coaching. I have the guide and there's really no wrong way to do it. But 'Performance" and "Learning Development" should both get a good amount of points.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:35 PM   #4
Rookie

Kingfish's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
...I have the guide...
This is a question for ya(and anyone else with the guide)...is it worth picking up?

I am not a 'guide' type person but this game has me bewildered atm...I want to roll into it but I have a limited amount of time with it...if I got the guide would it actually HELP me or is it like so many guide books...just states the obvious and isn't much help.

Just need a booster chair for this game I think.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:40 PM   #5
MVP

DLaren's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingfish
This is a question for ya(and anyone else with the guide)...is it worth picking up?

I am not a 'guide' type person but this game has me bewildered atm...I want to roll into it but I have a limited amount of time with it...if I got the guide would it actually HELP me or is it like so many guide books...just states the obvious and isn't much help.

Just need a booster chair for this game I think.
If you need help getting started (which most of us do) it's worth it. It helps you get a better understanding to a lot of the intricacies of the game.
College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #2; Currently in Year-12.

College Hoops 2K8 (360): Mighty Monarchs Legacy #1 (retired); 40 seasons completed, 6 NCAA Championships won.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Someone posted the Prima guide earlier....the whole thing in PDF format.

M.K.
Knight165

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »