Home

Freezing Problem

This is a discussion on Freezing Problem within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2008, 11:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Freezing Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCF
i only had it freeze once and that was during the offseason in my first year. went back to where it was saved and it was fine.

Stick to the S.E.S.O method

Save Early Save Often
Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had this problem also...I really think it needs to be addressed and I will try this HD cache clearing and see how that goes. Does anyone have an official word on this?
Old 08-13-2008, 11:42 AM   #11
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Programmer

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister8578
I've had this problem also...I really think it needs to be addressed and I will try this HD cache clearing and see how that goes. Does anyone have an official word on this?
I'm really not sure how to help with this. If you can figure out some steps/details that cause the freeze, we can try and figure out a way to avoid it. Unfortunately it sounds like some people are just hitting this more or less at random once in a while.

For now, I'd keep a few backup save games just in case. I'm sure you tried everything you could to recover your current game - I hope you didn't lose your progress.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #12
Rookie

It's happening to me too. The audio cuts out, the NFL Network screen stays up the whole time with no audio (never vanishes) then the game eventually freezes. It's happened usually at different points, but more so in the offseason when there is a simulation.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
I'm really not sure how to help with this. If you can figure out some steps/details that cause the freeze, we can try and figure out a way to avoid it. Unfortunately it sounds like some people are just hitting this more or less at random once in a while.

For now, I'd keep a few backup save games just in case. I'm sure you tried everything you could to recover your current game - I hope you didn't lose your progress.
My game froze three times over the course of an hour. It was actually the most baffling experience, as I've probably played 40-50 games over the last couple years on consoles and PC without a single freeze or crash. The last game to freeze was, of course, the original NFL Head Coach on my PS2. Took me a while to figure out what was going on!

At any rate, the freezing seems to be tied in one way or another to audio mishaps, and in my case happened in the 2008 draft.

In the first, as the Dallas Cowboys, my audio went silent in the middle of the first round after I dismissed the draft recommendation of my coaching staff. I progressed to the end of the first round - as the game transitioned to the first pick in the second round, the game froze (Miami's icon was halfway into the little window that denotes the active pick).

In the second, I was playing the Kansas City Chiefs. In this case, I had no audio cutout prior, but froze at the transition to the second round.

In the third, I was playing as the New York Jets. Following my withdrawal from trade-up negotiations with a team I do not recall, my audio cut out and immediately returned as max volume white noise. It remained until I triggered the next audio file by progressing to my own pick. My game froze suddenly when I went to the Draft Board in the 5th or 6th round (I don't recall off hand which).

Saving helps, of course, but at a certain point freezing like this really starts to ruin the flow of the game, making it pretty darned hard to get into. QC, anyone?
Old 08-13-2008, 01:25 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gim77
It's happening to me too. The audio cuts out, the NFL Network screen stays up the whole time with no audio (never vanishes) then the game eventually freezes. It's happened usually at different points, but more so in the offseason when there is a simulation.

exactly Audio goes out then freeze. Happened to me as well.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #15
Rookie

That's just it...I've had the game freeze up on me at multiple times at different stagess. Sometimes in the preseason, sometimes the draft, sometimes the trade screen. It's completely random. This morning it froze 1 day before regular season. I'll starrt keeping notes for when it freeezes from now on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 09:56 PM   #16
Rookie

any updates on this? Alot of my friends are having the same problem and on other boards too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »