Home

Gameplan/Practice Question

This is a discussion on Gameplan/Practice Question within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:22 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Gameplan/Practice Question

I agree shiny, every goal should at least be attainable, especially if you are sacrificing other goals to try to reach just the one. And what really stinks is that you use all the gameplan to try and make it happen and it still doesnt, it was like they were wasted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
I didnt say u wanted to have everyone mastered I said it would b super easy to just how your hole team to learned/mastered a play by the first reg season game if you meet ALL of you goals.....Im just saying you cant expect to meet every goal like you cant expect to win every game....Best way to get plays to learned the play book is thru preseason games....it wouldnt be fun to be a coach if you didnt have to worry about "should I play him more or should I play him more" or you can just back out of the gameplan and go back in untill u see the play u want to focus on
That doesn't make any sense at all.

The owner assigns you a goal: get new draft pick to 25% knowledge. That should be attainable. I may have to screw up the team to do it, but I should have the CHOICE. Do I want to get approval points to do something that might hurt the team? Or do I tell my owner to shove it and do what I think is right?

The problem is that the game does NOT give you that choice.

You should be able to attain EVERY owner determined goal, with due sacrifices in some cases.

The seemingly random generation of potential activities, however, thwarts this mechanic. You may never get a chance to focus on the rookie you have been asked by the owner to work with.

No one is saying you should be able to accomplish every "personal" goal, just the ones the owner puts forth. There's just no flexibility in NFL HC's "finite menu of arbitrarily generated options" framework to actually run your practices and gameplan as you see fit.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:39 PM   #27
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinywalrus
That doesn't make any sense at all.

The owner assigns you a goal: get new draft pick to 25% knowledge. That should be attainable. I may have to screw up the team to do it, but I should have the CHOICE. Do I want to get approval points to do something that might hurt the team? Or do I tell my owner to shove it and do what I think is right?

The problem is that the game does NOT give you that choice.

You should be able to attain EVERY owner determined goal, with due sacrifices in some cases.

The seemingly random generation of potential activities, however, thwarts this mechanic. You may never get a chance to focus on the rookie you have been asked by the owner to work with.

No one is saying you should be able to accomplish every "personal" goal, just the ones the owner puts forth. There's just no flexibility in NFL HC's "finite menu of arbitrarily generated options" framework to actually run your practices and gameplan as you see fit.
LOL, Ive gotten Jake Long and with the eagles Ive gotten jackson and Laws to have learned 25% of my playbook so its POSSIBLE Im guessing u are thinking GAMEPLAN is more important than actual in a game situations...In fact Ive completed all if my preseason goals except for "create a new play" and "trade for Clarke" (im MIA BTW) Game planning comes to be important when you are actually setting a focus for a match up....Are you pass preseason yet???

Last edited by Jukeman; 08-13-2008 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:55 PM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juk34man
LOL, Ive gotten Jake Long and with the eagles Ive gotten jackson and Laws to have learned 25% of my playbook so its POSSIBLE Im guessing u are thinking GAMEPLAN is more important than actual in a game situations...In fact Ive completed all if my preseason goals except for "create a new play" and "trade for Clarke" (im MIA BTW) Game planning comes to be important when you are actually setting a focus for a match up....Are you pass preseason yet???
I've passed preseason several different times, yes. But you're still not understanding what's being said.

No one is saying that it's always impossible to get your players through their goals set by the owner. What we are saying is that it is, indeed, impossible sometimes, and when it IS impossible, it is a direct result of the finite number of options given to you by the system, and not necessarily of your skill or actions as a player. It's just a design flaw, but one that can be remedied.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:18 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 9

I believe a dev had mentioned, and juk34man alluded to this, that you can back out of the gameplan screen and go back in. This may give you a different set of tasks. While this is only a workaround, I agree we should have more flexibility here, it might help accomplish what you are looking for.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:27 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinywalrus
I've passed preseason several different times, yes. But you're still not understanding what's being said.

No one is saying that it's always impossible to get your players through their goals set by the owner. What we are saying is that it is, indeed, impossible sometimes, and when it IS impossible, it is a direct result of the finite number of options given to you by the system, and not necessarily of your skill or actions as a player. It's just a design flaw, but one that can be remedied.

The work around is to back out of the gameplay screen. It's not like other tasks, like FA when you back out you are done with it.

Come back to gameplanning and more options might fit the one you need.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #31
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod
The work around is to back out of the gameplay screen. It's not like other tasks, like FA when you back out you are done with it.

Come back to gameplanning and more options might fit the one you need.
Let me see if I understand this. You can only pick one gameplan, but if you back out without selecting one, and go back in, different choices appear and you may see the one you want to select.

Correct?

Last edited by ChicagoSparty; 08-13-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 02:37 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 9

That was stated by a dev in the Bill_Abner impressions thread.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »