Home

Looks like I may have the injury bug

This is a discussion on Looks like I may have the injury bug within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 01:19 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Looks like I may have the injury bug

I'm playing a new career with the Broncos. Started in the Pre-season. I've had one player at "1 Day" on the injury report for two weeks now through the preseason, and another one at "5-6 days" for that same length of time.

I think this debunks the "bad trainer" source of the bug, because the Broncos trainer is pretty good.

Hopefully this clears up by the start of the regular season, since two of the injured players are my starting HB and starting C!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:29 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Looks like I may have the injury bug

Okay, now this is interesting. Josh, I hope you see this message.

In my other Broncos career, my trainer was earning skill points like all the other coaches --- in fact, he had about 2-3x the others, thanks to curing fatigue and so forth.

Now, in this career where I'm getting the bug, he's gotten NO skill points since the start of the pre-season. Everyone else is well into the 1000+ range, and the trainer is still at 20.

It's almost as if he's just not working, period.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:44 AM   #3
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Looks like i found it too, I put about six hours straight into this game tonight and i have two starting offensive linemen that are stuck on the injured list and aren't coming off. I hope this gets fixed soon. It's a shame to have such a good game ruined by something like this.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Rookie

I have the injury bug too. 3 (2 starting) DT, a starting WR, and my starting LT. And all of there injury times havnet moved at all. I've played all the way through the preseason and they still are the same.. most are a week or a 1 to 2 day injury

Do the injuries clear (or progress in the regular season? or should i just quit my career? Trying to play a season with injuries never healing would be impossible...

sucks becuase it basically breaks the game
Old 08-13-2008, 01:42 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 13

I have it too with the Vikings. Chad Greenway has been listed at 3-5 days for 15 weeks now, and my trainer is gaining zero points in development.

I also believe that this is effecting the overall health of my players as I can't nurse any of the players with low health back to even moderate health.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 02:21 PM   #6
Rookie

I talked about this some in the other thread about it (titled "Injury Bug), but I think the trigger mechanism is in training cam.

Foofight, Mossfan --- are you using a created coach, and did you start in the preseason?

The only way I think this can be avoided is if you save the game, then sim ahead into the preseason games and see if your trainer is accruing points (and if people are healing). If they are, then quit without saving, go back to your original save, and play as normal.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts79
I talked about this some in the other thread about it (titled "Injury Bug), but I think the trigger mechanism is in training cam.

Foofight, Mossfan --- are you using a created coach, and did you start in the preseason?

The only way I think this can be avoided is if you save the game, then sim ahead into the preseason games and see if your trainer is accruing points (and if people are healing). If they are, then quit without saving, go back to your original save, and play as normal.
Ive started three different careers (Steelers (created), Steelers (tomlin), 49ers (created), all low level trainers) at this point and have had it occur in all three games - I too am seeing my trainer accumulate no points - in fact in the 49er career he is at ZERO in week 2 of the season. Really sucks. Can someone post details with respect to the bug "going away" - I think I saw someone say that the bug went away once another person got injured during the regular season. Hopefully that is the case.

Last edited by slappybrown; 08-13-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts79

Yes, I created a coach and started in the Preseason.

I agree that the only way to sidestep this issue, for now, is to sim ahead and check to see if the bug is present or not.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »