Home

Can you fire your trainer

This is a discussion on Can you fire your trainer within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 11:56 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
Angry Can you fire your trainer

Or do you have to wait for the owner to do it. I'm ready to get really into my team, Ijust drafted Jack English but I'm afraid I will lose him to inuries or the injury bug, My trainer is a 1.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:00 PM   #2
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Can you fire your trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Or do you have to wait for the owner to do it. I'm ready to get really into my team, Ijust drafted Jack English but I'm afraid I will lose him to inuries or the injury bug, My trainer is a 1.

From what I've read, you can only fire coaches/GM/trainer at one point in the offseason right after the previous season ends. So you'll have to wait for your initial season.

And I'm sorry, but no NFL trainer should be getting a 1 overall score. How can that be possible, lol?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:01 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
You can't fire him until after the season.

However, the trainer rating has nothing to do with the injury bug.

If you're playing the off-season (free agency, draft), you should be fine, because I haven't seen or heard of the problem with off-season careers...just pre-season careers.

If you want to be safe, save a backup of your game before you reach training camp.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwpit79
From what I've read, you can only fire coaches/GM/trainer at one point in the offseason right after the previous season ends. So you'll have to wait for your initial season.

And I'm sorry, but no NFL trainer should be getting a 1 overall score. How can that be possible, lol?
I wonder how you fire him then, my owner fired the GM, my new GM made me fire the rest of my staff but my trainer stayed on. I looked for a way to fire him myself but I could find it. Under his name the owner said he's "doing OK" So I thought maybe I couldn't just fire him myself.

The off-season/draft is amazing and my favorite part of this game so far. Hopefully Jack English can get my Falcons to a Super Bowl.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:28 PM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
I wonder how you fire him then, my owner fired the GM, my new GM made me fire the rest of my staff but my trainer stayed on. I looked for a way to fire him myself but I could find it. Under his name the owner said he's "doing OK" So I thought maybe I couldn't just fire him myself.

The off-season/draft is amazing and my favorite part of this game so far. Hopefully Jack English can get my Falcons to a Super Bowl.
At the end of the season, or when you are eliminated from the playoffs (or after you win it all), the owner will evaluate you and ask you to stay or fire you. You can also quit or retire.

Then you will evaluate every coach one by one. The owner will ask you to keep him or fire him, but you can over rule the owner.

Be careful firing staff.. if you went deep in the playoffs there might not be a better guy to replace him with. Also, I don't think there is a way to scout free agent coaches unfortunately.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 03:30 PM   #6
Pro

Not quite on topic, but OMT, you can quit and go to another team? How does that work, do you pick any team or are you limited to teams that fired their coaches?
Old 08-13-2008, 03:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Not quite on topic, but OMT, you can quit and go to another team? How does that work, do you pick any team or are you limited to teams that fired their coaches?
Pretty sure you will only be offered jobs from teams that have vacancies AND want you to lead them. It is possible that no one will want to hire you and your Career ends there. So if it's a gut decision to change teams, make sure you save before that point incase you don't like the outcome.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:52 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
At the end of the season, or when you are eliminated from the playoffs (or after you win it all), the owner will evaluate you and ask you to stay or fire you. You can also quit or retire.

Then you will evaluate every coach one by one. The owner will ask you to keep him or fire him, but you can over rule the owner.

Be careful firing staff.. if you went deep in the playoffs there might not be a better guy to replace him with. Also, I don't think there is a way to scout free agent coaches unfortunately.
Cool thanks, makes sense since I was FIRED my 1st year so I didn't make it that far...lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »