Home

Play Calling Screen

This is a discussion on Play Calling Screen within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:35 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Play Calling Screen

I am really missing be able to sort plays by formation. The way it is set up now, all singleback plays, whether goal line, or 4 WR are all in the same place. the play diagrams are kind of small and there is not enough time to really check them out. i try calling plays by type occasionally, but ther same problem is there; a play action pass can be either goal line or a shotgun, single back 3 WR. It is starting to bother me a little.
If my opponent is weak at CB and I want to make them put 3 or 4 on the field by running a 3 or 4 wide set, i am having problems doing that. I wish there was an option to view plays by formation, so I could run a bunch of 4WR plays at my opponent if i wish.

The other thing that is bothering me a little is the percentage suceess that is shown for a given play. Surely this cant be what it appears top be. I see sometimes i have a 0%, or 100% chanc e of successs against a play, but there are no guarantees, so what do these numbers really mean?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:39 PM   #2
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Play Calling Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsemillArmy
I am really missing be able to sort plays by formation. The way it is set up now, all singleback plays, whether goal line, or 4 WR are all in the same place. the play diagrams are kind of small and there is not enough time to really check them out. i try calling plays by type occasionally, but ther same problem is there; a play action pass can be either goal line or a shotgun, single back 3 WR. It is starting to bother me a little.
If my opponent is weak at CB and I want to make them put 3 or 4 on the field by running a 3 or 4 wide set, i am having problems doing that. I wish there was an option to view plays by formation, so I could run a bunch of 4WR plays at my opponent if i wish.

The other thing that is bothering me a little is the percentage suceess that is shown for a given play. Surely this cant be what it appears top be. I see sometimes i have a 0%, or 100% chanc e of successs against a play, but there are no guarantees, so what do these numbers really mean?
This all from only playing 2 games but here is what I think:

1. On the play call screen you can call plays according to formation, knowledge, gameplan, type of play. Once you pick one you have to back out to pick by a different filter. I was able to have my plays by formation: Goaline, singleback, Ace, Gun. etc...

2. The % of success is how much success you have had running that play previously. So if you have never ran the play it will have 0% if you ran it once and it worked it would be 100%.

OSFL
: Lake County Extreme- 2010 OSFL Champs
NCFA: WVU Mountaineers- As long as we beat Pitt...
BLB: Morgantown Mowhawks- Expansion Team
Old 08-13-2008, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticbeast
1. On the play call screen you can call plays according to formation, knowledge, gameplan, type of play. Once you pick one you have to back out to pick by a different filter.
Not sure what you mean. are you telling me there is a way to filter all SB, 4WR plays?
Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsemillArmy
Not sure what you mean. are you telling me there is a way to filter all SB, 4WR plays?
Yeah, at least I think so. When I was calling plays last night I was able to pick Single back and it was all my SB plays in there. But I had other formation choices too like GL, Gun. So I f I picked Singleback there weren't any GL plays in there.

Now about Receivers I am not sure... I can't remember if my gun formation had different #'s of WR's or not.

I could be wrong though...Like I said I have only played two games.

OSFL
Old 08-13-2008, 12:53 PM   #5
R**k**

druez's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
This all from only playing 2 games but here is what I think:

1. On the play call screen you can call plays according to formation, knowledge, gameplan, type of play. Once you pick one you have to back out to pick by a different filter. I was able to have my plays by formation: Goaline, singleback, Ace, Gun. etc...

2. The % of success is how much success you have had running that play previously. So if you have never ran the play it will have 0% if you ran it once and it worked it would be 100%.
Play Calling Screen is horrible. I love the game, but I can't understand why they just didn't use Madden's presentation for play calling. It works well, so why change it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 12:56 PM   #6
MVP

plasticbeast's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by druez
Play Calling Screen is horrible. I love the game, but I can't understand why they just didn't use Madden's presentation for play calling. It works well, so why change it?
I like it so far, because I think differently when play calling for this game than madden. Sometimes I want a play from ones my guys are knowledgeable about and you wouldn't get that type of info from the madden play call screen.

OSFL
Old 08-13-2008, 12:58 PM   #7
Rookie

I like the options to be able to pick by play type or by play mastery level, but I want to be able to do it by RB/WR configuration too. For me more options are better, but in my opinion they are missing one of the basic options.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:20 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Yeah, at least I think so. When I was calling plays last night I was able to pick Single back and it was all my SB plays in there. But I had other formation choices too like GL, Gun. So I f I picked Singleback there weren't any GL plays in there.

Now about Receivers I am not sure... I can't remember if my gun formation had different #'s of WR's or not.

I could be wrong though...Like I said I have only played two games.
What he means is seeing the other distinctions such as SB-4WR or SB-2TE and things like that. As it is now you're just given broad categories for formaitons without any other details on the variation of the base formation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »