Home

Bugs/Glitches

This is a discussion on Bugs/Glitches within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Bugs/Glitches

A few more issues.

1) [Deleted, already addressed earlier!]

2) After the draft, your team roster is filled out with undrafted rookies and roster invitees with minimum salaries. These players have highly inaccurate overall ratings, sometimes even in the mid-80s. It's obvious that these players aren't really mid-80s players, and that their rating will decrease as the pre-season continues. However, the CPU AI doesn't seem to know that. If you offer to trade these players with inflated overall ratings, the CPU will make relatively big offers. For example, I was offered a 2nd round pick for a "85" rated offensive lineman. I also had Geno Hayes, who was rated in the high-50s for the draft but had a 77 rating post draft. Many teams were willing to offer a 3rd and 6th round pick for someone who earlier wasn't even drafted.

Last edited by jaredm; 08-18-2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:34 PM   #74
Rookie

fleaflicker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Bekins
We've confirmed this bug. If we get to make a patch, it will be on the list of fixes.
Will the freeze issue for the PS3 get patched?????
Old 08-18-2008, 05:48 PM   #75
Rookie

fleaflicker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
I agree. I'm truly sorry we missed something like this.

I hope it's not ruining your experience too much.
Josh..............can you please at least say you are looking into the freeze issue.....some kind of statement would be nice.
To totally ignore your core customers concerning a such a wide spread glitch over both systems is just such gross disrespect for us the consumer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 05:49 PM   #76

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
If you go into team stats, and look at defense, all of the teams have double what actually happened. For example, after the first game I looked at my defensive stats. It showed I allowed 750 total yards (648 passing 102 rushing) give or take a few yards, I don't remember exactly. Then, I went to the offensive stats and when I looked at my opponent, the Lions, their offensive production was exactly half of what it said I stopped. It appears this happened for the CPU teams as well. So as long as everyone is doubled in defensive stats then you would still be ranked in the right place.

I am guessing this is just related to this one screen. I haven't checked individual stats to see if they add up to the correct amount of defense or maybe they are double too. I hope not because that could inflate my defensive player progression associated with on field stats.
Thats my concern, the progression. When looking at team stats mine seem to be correct but in all honesty I didnt go back and double check everything associated with my team either. I just hope it doesnt lead to some crazy things happening in terms of CPU controlled teams firing their coaching staffs based on stats that are completely incorrect. Its not a game killer by any means but for the sake of perfection Im just trying to point out what I saw and hopefully it gets corrected for next year.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:09 PM   #77
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimping219
Thats my concern, the progression. When looking at team stats mine seem to be correct but in all honesty I didnt go back and double check everything associated with my team either. I just hope it doesnt lead to some crazy things happening in terms of CPU controlled teams firing their coaching staffs based on stats that are completely incorrect. Its not a game killer by any means but for the sake of perfection Im just trying to point out what I saw and hopefully it gets corrected for next year.
Progression isn't based off of team stats.

And staff status is determined by rank in the league.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:10 PM   #78
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaflicker
Josh..............can you please at least say you are looking into the freeze issue.....some kind of statement would be nice.
To totally ignore your core customers concerning a such a wide spread glitch over both systems is just such gross disrespect for us the consumer.
I'm not ignoring anyone.

I'm trying to reproduce all of these issues for the developers right now.

We're are looking into any freezes, crashes or serious issues right now.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:33 PM   #79
Rookie

fleaflicker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_Looman
I'm not ignoring anyone.

I'm trying to reproduce all of these issues for the developers right now.

We're are looking into any freezes, crashes or serious issues right now.
Thank you sir for the response.
I hope for success in finding a fix for this issue. Please keep us updated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »