Home

Bugs/Glitches

This is a discussion on Bugs/Glitches within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Bugs/Glitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
When you go to kick off, hit X (square on PS3) to see a 'quick subs' and you can see who's in the play.
Excellent, thanks. Makes sense, but never occurred to me. I am playing a game now so I'll check that my next time up picking an ST play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2008, 11:39 PM   #66
MVP

SlyBelle's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1Blumpkin1x
Excellent, thanks. Makes sense, but never occurred to me. I am playing a game now so I'll check that my next time up picking an ST play.
Only downside, you will have to set this up every game. Would be nice if they had special team depth charts like they do for all other positions.
Old 08-18-2008, 09:38 AM   #67
Pro

For me I was happy to at least be able to see how it fills my ST unit. I can make sure to have enough active players for the different positions to avoid something weird like my QB on ST. With Brohm out, I am stuck with Ken Dorsey starting. Shocker I lost my last game. :-)
Old 08-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #68
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
Is there any way to pause the movement of time when on the clipboard, and no I don't mean hitting the start button. I finished a game and had my approval change for game performance, 2 injury notifications and the box score. I had the setting at slow, checked my 2 injury settings and something in the box score and by the time I was done the approval change task was gone. And I didn't take a long time to go through this stuff. C'mon, I shouldn't miss out on info because I am taking my time looking at the other info I have been provided. Now I have to make a choice on what tasks I want to look at. Kind of annoying. I was curious on the detail of the approval change related to game performance. Perhaps I'll catch it in week 2.
There is not a way to pause time. In fact, our original intent was to give you multiple items in the clipboard and almost force you to choose between what you wanted to do, representing the constant pressure each real head coach feels.

We scrapped that idea to make it easier to deal with every item.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #69
NFL Head Coach '09 Lead Designer

OVR: 18

Quote:
This is happening. Defensive stats are double what the actual offensive production of the opponent was. C'mon. How can this be missed?!
I agree. I'm truly sorry we missed something like this.

I hope it's not ruining your experience too much.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:31 AM   #70
Pro

The double stats aren't a big deal. I can still see where I rank amongst other teams and I just divide by 2 to get the real stats. The problem is, and perhaps I'm a bit of a pessimist, is you start to get concerned with lots of little bugs because you wonder what else you might be missing that is causing the game to not play as designed.

I can see what you were thinking with having to choose tasks. I was wondering if that was the mechanic behind the fact that things slipped through. I'm the type of person that wants to see all of the information possible. So the thought that I missed out on something that I cannot still see in another screen somewhere was a bit disturbing. Worst was when I was messing around trying to download plays last minute before a game and the gameday task blew past and it simmed the game so I had to reload from a save.

All that being said, I am still really enjoying the game right now and I in no way regret my purchase.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:50 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
The double stats aren't a big deal. I can still see where I rank amongst other teams and I just divide by 2 to get the real stats. The problem is, and perhaps I'm a bit of a pessimist, is you start to get concerned with lots of little bugs because you wonder what else you might be missing that is causing the game to not play as designed.

I can see what you were thinking with having to choose tasks. I was wondering if that was the mechanic behind the fact that things slipped through. I'm the type of person that wants to see all of the information possible. So the thought that I missed out on something that I cannot still see in another screen somewhere was a bit disturbing. Worst was when I was messing around trying to download plays last minute before a game and the gameday task blew past and it simmed the game so I had to reload from a save.

All that being said, I am still really enjoying the game right now and I in no way regret my purchase.

Double stats? Maybe my defense isnt 32nd after all. This will totally mess up my goal for being in the top 10 defenses though.

I agree with wanting to see everything, as I would think that this is true in general for the type of player who really enjoys this type of game. I would prefer the games to be the only thing to have a timed component, I like to take my time, examine my options and make a decision.
I have also had the game reminder cruise by, and had to reload a save, a buzz kill for sure, but not a game breaker.

Adn I also echo what blumpkin says about not regretting the purchase. I have still not removed the Madden CD from the case, I also only bought the CE because of HC.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2008, 11:59 AM   #72
Pro

If you go into team stats, and look at defense, all of the teams have double what actually happened. For example, after the first game I looked at my defensive stats. It showed I allowed 750 total yards (648 passing 102 rushing) give or take a few yards, I don't remember exactly. Then, I went to the offensive stats and when I looked at my opponent, the Lions, their offensive production was exactly half of what it said I stopped. It appears this happened for the CPU teams as well. So as long as everyone is doubled in defensive stats then you would still be ranked in the right place.

I am guessing this is just related to this one screen. I haven't checked individual stats to see if they add up to the correct amount of defense or maybe they are double too. I hope not because that could inflate my defensive player progression associated with on field stats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »