Home

A Technical question to the EA Devs about future iterations of HC.

This is a discussion on A Technical question to the EA Devs about future iterations of HC. within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2008, 12:46 PM   #1
Rookie

Tonka's Arena

OVR: 3
A Technical question to the EA Devs about future iterations of HC.

Now that MS fall update is getting close and they have been smart to add HD installs, which should effectively kill the need for a BD drive and since the PS3 has their Blu-Ray format... Is it possible to make future versions of HC much, much bigger?

My question to you the developers is if it is possible to add a well tweaked version of Madden 09 engine with a touch better commentary and even better presentation. Have the camera focus on the coach more and all that, but it would be neet if the games could be more like what we see on tv, but with more focus on the coach. Keep things like the backtrack feature and such. I was thinking that with Madden 09's graphical beauty and HC depth together this game would be the best sports sim out there. Since installs will be possible on the 360 and the PS3 has their Blu-ray could HC become a 2 disc install for the 360 if it became that big?

I realize that it's probably not possible in a years dev cycle, but could it be done at all? I just think that you guys have done an excellent job with this game...sure it has some stat quirks and such, but the game is deep and very satisfying, that is why I would love to see it become even grander than it now is. So from a technical stand point is it possible at all? And where do you guys see this game going in the coming years? (since I'm sure that this game will not be put to bed after this years solid outing). Will you guys just continue to tweak and add smaller stuff or what kind of vision do you have? I know you can't tell me the details, but it would be nice to know in general how you guys at EA think.

Thanks again for a great game!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #2
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: A Technical question to the EA Devs about future iterations of HC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonka
Now that MS fall update is getting close and they have been smart to add HD installs, which should effectively kill the need for a BD drive and since the PS3 has their Blu-Ray format... Is it possible to make future versions of HC much, much bigger?

My question to you the developers is if it is possible to add a well tweaked version of Madden 09 engine with a touch better commentary and even better presentation. Have the camera focus on the coach more and all that, but it would be neet if the games could be more like what we see on tv, but with more focus on the coach. Keep things like the backtrack feature and such. I was thinking that with Madden 09's graphical beauty and HC depth together this game would be the best sports sim out there. Since installs will be possible on the 360 and the PS3 has their Blu-ray could HC become a 2 disc install for the 360 if it became that big?

I realize that it's probably not possible in a years dev cycle, but could it be done at all? I just think that you guys have done an excellent job with this game...sure it has some stat quirks and such, but the game is deep and very satisfying, that is why I would love to see it become even grander than it now is. So from a technical stand point is it possible at all? And where do you guys see this game going in the coming years? (since I'm sure that this game will not be put to bed after this years solid outing). Will you guys just continue to tweak and add smaller stuff or what kind of vision do you have? I know you can't tell me the details, but it would be nice to know in general how you guys at EA think.

Thanks again for a great game!
Bekins likes to say that "anything is possible with enough time and resources." Rest assured that we try to squeeze everything we can out of what we are given when we make these games.

There is a roadmap for this game in heads of everyone who worked on it, there a a few HUGE features that we can't wait to tackle that build on the concepts that we have put in place in the '09 version. These are things that will make your head spin. I know because whenever we start talking about them I get way to excited. (please, don't ask what they are, i can't tell you...)

I speak for the entire team when I say that the response from the community has been great, and makes us proud to put our name on the game. We made this game for you, and will continue to do so in future iterations.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Rookie

Tonka's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: A Technical question to the EA Devs about future iterations of HC.

Thanks for the reply Chris. I'm already a slave to HC 09, but at the same time I can't wait to find out what you guys have in store for us next year .

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »