Home

Good News/Bad News - The Injury Bug Workaround

This is a discussion on Good News/Bad News - The Injury Bug Workaround within the NFL Head Coach forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #73
Rookie

Chris_Staymates's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Good News/Bad News - The Injury Bug Workaround

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Staymates
Hrm...let me take a look...IF it is low risk enough, AND we do a patch, then we should be able to allow numbers.

Remember guys, IF and AND though.
Sorry all, just took a look and it looks like there are several technical limitations to prevent us from using numbers for play names that we just couldn't address in a patch.

I'll take the hit for this one. My bad.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:32 PM   #74
Rookie

Devias's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
How easy would it be to simply create plays from the main menu, upload them to Live, and then download your own plays from within your career? I don't have the game fired up in front of me, but it seems like this would be quite a simple work around. When you want to create, simply save your career, back out to the menu, and then create and test your plays. Upload them to Gamernet...head back into your career and voila..there are your plays for download.

I believe that will work just fine.
That's excellent news and it's what I will do to avoid this bug until it's patched. The only downside is that you won't be able to create plays for *your* Career team, because when you enter Play Editor from the main menu, it uses the default rosters.

For the time being, I don't think this will be a huge problem as long as you keep in mind that your plays may be more or less effective, depending on how different the default roster is with whatever team you're fielding in Career mode. But you will have the piece of mind to know that you won't be ruining your Career mode because you specifically have to Exit it in order to tinker with the plays.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #75
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Hrm...let me take a look...IF it is low risk enough, AND we do a patch, then we should be able to allow numbers.

Remember guys, IF and AND though.
Seriously if that's my biggest gripe or one of my bigger gripes, I think we're gonna be ok with this game.

Actually I created y-flip, bucco, yip, wham. AlthoughI had to abbreviate it. Need to come up with a system for that as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2008, 01:38 PM   #76
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Sorry all, just took a look and it looks like there are several technical limitations to prevent us from using numbers for play names that we just couldn't address in a patch.

I'll take the hit for this one. My bad.
Oh well, I'll make due. Just something you may want to notate for future versions. It is sort of limiting, and 95% of the people who have any actual football experience probably have only used a number system. Very few systems use descriptive words only, although that seems to be changing.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:45 PM   #77
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Seriously if that's my biggest gripe or one of my bigger gripes, I think we're gonna be ok with this game.

Actually I created y-flip, bucco, yip, wham. AlthoughI had to abbreviate it. Need to come up with a system for that as well.
How do you label a hole? Or who's carrying the ball. Like a 34 blast would be what?

Old 08-14-2008, 01:57 PM   #78
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
How do you label a hole? Or who's carrying the ball. Like a 34 blast would be what?
Well considerig the fullback almost never carries the ball that's rarely a problem.

If I were in an offset I, and I want to run what most people call a 34 blast. I would simply go, bucco, blast

There are more and more NFL teams now who don't use numbers. Their plays are a series of descriptive words.

So you'll get a play like spread, zip, blue, thunder, x-dig, h-fan

which gives formation( which is variable based on personnel set), motion, inital pass protection scheme, play, and play variables.

At least that's sort of how I learned it at a coaches clinic a lifetime ago. But I do know this type of play calling is getting bigger.

I still prefer the numbers as do the majority of coaches out there.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #79
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

So can I still view my playbook from the clipboard to see how well my players have learned certain plays?
Old 08-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
34 blast would usually be the fullback going between the guards. A 3 being the first digit is most likely the fullback, 4 is the halfback. Thats how it was when I played and I notice alot of teams use it like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > NFL Head Coach »